Medical Thread Page 4

Quote: Loopey @ 11th November 2015, 10:10 AM GMT

Thank you. It won't be for a while, I only got referred yesterday.

Let's just say there may be a new series of The Bionic Woman later this year.

That sounds very, very exciting. Good luck.

Quote: Loopey @ 10th November 2015, 7:01 PM GMT

Loopey is going to get some bespoke orthotics. Ooer missus!

Do you get to pick a design for them? I had splints as kid- they were always plain plastic which was kind of boring.They also used to get stuck under seats.
When I was bit older I just had shoe inserts. By that time that could make them patterned. I think mine were either blue and white or army design- seems a bit pointless now since no one saw them.

Quote: reds @ 11th November 2015, 1:23 PM GMT

Do you get to pick a design for them? I had splints as kid- they were always plain plastic which was kind of boring.They also used to get stuck under seats.
When I was bit older I just had shoe inserts. By that time that could make them patterned. I think mine were either blue and white or army design- seems a bit pointless now since no one saw them.

I don't think so unless I pay privately. I'll have to settle for more wheelchair pimping instead. So far I've got an 'I'm the Stig' sticker on the back and I've ordered some flashing lights for the sides.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th November 2015, 9:42 AM GMT

Nice but too ostentatious and the whole seat of mine is fabric so I can't fix anything to it or stick anything on it apart from a small area at the back where my Stig sticker is and that can't be seen most of the time. :( Flashing lights on the side of the arms is about all I can do.

You could try Pimp My Wheelchair.com :D

This is obviously the right place to inform fascinated posters of my recent prostate operation, in which the central part was vapourised using a laser, accessed via my willy. Fortunately I was under general anaesthetic and so missed all the fun. Two weeks later and I'm still sore, but I can piss again! Done in a private Spanish hospital thanks to health insurance I took out just over a year ago. I must have had a premonition, as there was a ten month lag period before I could claim for surgery, so I just scraped in!

Quote: beaky @ 12th November 2015, 8:29 PM GMT

This is obviously the right place to inform fascinated posters of my recent prostate operation, in which the central part was vapourised using a laser, accessed via my willy. Fortunately I was under general anaesthetic and so missed all the fun. Two weeks later and I'm still sore, but I can piss again! Done in a private Spanish hospital thanks to health insurance I took out just over a year ago. I must have had a premonition, as there was a ten month lag period before I could claim for surgery, so I just scraped in!

Ouch! >_< So how far can you piss up the wall now? Whistling nnocently

They treated my minor prostate problem with pills, which is all very well except it makes your fires go out. :(

Where did they put the pills?

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2015, 10:44 PM GMT

Where did they put the pills?

:O I hope they were supposed to be swallowed, otherwise a few people I know have been doing the wrong thing!

Fascinating. I hope the soreness wears off soon.

Quote: Loopey @ 13th November 2015, 8:53 AM GMT

:O I hope they were supposed to be swallowed, otherwise a few people I know have been doing the wrong thing!

Yup, swallowed. :D ...............I think. Laughing out loud