Irrational fears

I have to drive 200 miles away from the safety of home on Friday (alone) and I'm bricking myself at the thought - I have a fear of getting lost while driving. :(

My hubby says I'm daft and that drive any direction in GB and you'll end up at the sea eventually, but he doesn't take into account my ability to drive around in circles, hence getting lost in a relatively small area.

*sigh* I wish I could afford a sat nav.

If anyone else wants to admit their irrational fears, feel free.

Stylo do what i do and just memorise the number of the junctions e.g. to get from where i live to canterbury you take junction 7 then 5 then 7 :)

I'm scared of headless horsemen...stupid Disney film when I was young!

I'm scared of the world running out of ducks to crispy aromaticise! :O

Weird how Glade air fresheners don't have an aromatic duck range.

I have a fear that everything is going to fall apart if i haven't organised my life completely properly. Everyone says i worry to much about being orgainised... but that's just me!

I have a friend whos afraid of Whales. Where does a fear like that stem? he's never been in a boat, or in the ocean.

My friend was afraid of foam...he couldn't go near it just in case it touched him! weird

Quote: Gavin @ September 27, 2007, 11:03 AM

I have a friend whos afraid of Whales. Where does a fear like that stem? he's never been in a boat, or in the ocean.

Mmmm. Could it be a fear of Wales. That's understandable, lots of odd men singing about mountains and stuff.

An if he lives in Wales, well he's got a real problem Sick

Dentists.....*shudder.*

I have a fear of typing my fear, oh wait...

What abut Headless dentists?! Or headless Wales? or headless ....foam. Basically if you take anything and remove it's head it makes it more scarier.

Spots !!!!!!

Quote: ShoePie @ September 27, 2007, 3:34 PM

What abut Headless dentists?! Or headless Wales? or headless ....foam. Basically if you take anything and remove it's head it makes it more scarier.

A headless dentist wouldn't have the boggling eyes and the leering lips. He/She would be far easier to deal with.

surely all these fears are rational. whales and dentists are clearly evil. as for stylo's journey...doomed! :-)