The Titfield Thunderbolt

Surprised there isn't a thread for this already.

Just watched this - maybe for the first time. None of it really seems familiar.

A charming British comedy. Very funny in places and very 1950s with its attitudes but an enjoyable 80 odd minutes.

We gonna have a thread on every film made? :S

well that's something I'm not Googling at work!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th April 2015, 9:14 AM BST

We gonna have a thread on every film made? :S

Every comedy maybe. Have you seen some of the threads started on here? Titfield Thunderbolt is a highly respected Ealing film. Loads of top actors including Sid James and Stanley Holloway.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th April 2015, 5:36 PM BST

Every comedy maybe. Have you seen some of the threads started on here? Titfield Thunderbolt is a highly respected Ealing film. Loads of top actors including Sid James and Stanley Holloway.

:D Thank you for reviving my greyed out (WHY?) thread, and yes, it is a great film - perhaps an Ealing films thread?

Oh, I didn't realise this was the film I accidentally watched last night (and quite enjoyed).

It's also starting to amaze me how many old films I put on to find Sid James in a smaller role.

Quote: TonyT @ 7th April 2015, 7:20 PM BST

It's also starting to amaze me how many old films I put on to find Sid James in a smaller role.

He famously never turned down work if he could avoid it. If only more people had that work ethic these days!

I adore that movie.

Why do you think the vicar in To The Manor Born is so crazy about trains? (To think of it, that entire episode is most likely inspired by this film.) :)

But as trivia goes, watch out for the old lay-about engine stoker Dan and you'll find he's the Arab horse breeder in 'Ben Hur'.