Looking for a sitcom writer

I am looking to create and produce a sitcom for a Chinese audience on the web. Each episode to last 8 minutes to be visual based on a family. Contact me to discuss the idea further.

Quote: Mr Wu @ 2nd March 2015, 11:12 PM GMT

I am looking to create and produce a sitcom for a Chinese audience on the web. Each episode to last 8 minutes to be visual based on a family. Contact me to discuss the idea further.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

??

If it's visual, why is specifically for Chinese people? Will Chinese people be even able to watch it?

The web series will be pitched to a Chinese web provider. situation and visual comedy appeals to Chinese audiences. Skits are popular performed in front of an audience.

Will they laugh if the Emperor tells them to? Or the Grand Wazir?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 6th March 2015, 4:05 PM GMT

Will they laugh if the Emperor tells them to? Or the Grand Wazir?

Kilroy?

I knew he was posh, I didn't know he was a Chinese noble.

I think he's asking for a bit of genuine help here guys.

And let's not be racist.

xie xie!

It's just we don't particularly know the audience, Mr Wu.

I don't think there was anything racist. It just seemed a strange request for a specific market that we know nothing about and also wonder if the language might be a stumbling block.

If something is funny then that will translate. The difference is the market. Being original is difficult as so many great comedies have been created and broadcast to a western audience. What is considered unoriginal here would been seen with fresh eyes elsewhere.

Hence the Americans' fondness for Downton Abbey?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th March 2015, 12:35 PM GMT

I don't think there was anything racist. It just seemed a strange request for a specific market that we know nothing about and also wonder if the language might be a stumbling block.

You may be right Chappers. Just seemed a bit odd to just laugh in the guy's face when he came here in the right forum looking for collaroative help and make cracks about emperors and grand wazirs. If someone called me a grand wazir they would probably be right mind. Plus China is f**king huge, politics aside if you wanted to sell something there I guess you could earn a dollar or two, I guess he was talking about an opportunity cutting both ways. As these things normally work.He knows China you know comedy kinda thing - otherwise he wouldn't be asking here.. So yes probably not racist in that sense just a bit missing the point of what he is saying?