Cockroaches

George Kaplan

• Wednesday 14th January 2015, 1:08pm
  • England
  • 4,716 posts

Thought this was promising. Jack Whitehall was very good.

BradShort

• Wednesday 14th January 2015, 8:43pm [Edited]
  • Worcester, England
  • 3 posts

I was a little disappointed to be honest, although Jack was pretty good, even with that accent :). The premise is strong enough to keep me coming back for S1 I think, so let's see if it beds in.

Highlight : The cut to the insane Prime Minister on a leash, snarling and gibbering had me chuckling

ContainsNuts

• Thursday 15th January 2015, 1:54pm
  • London, England
  • 2,539 posts

I was left a bit disappointed by the ending to this. The premise interested me and it was decent up until they joined the gang. The whole 'it was just a joke and he isn't really our leader' seemed a bit of a cop-out, given this was episode 1.

vinny j

• Thursday 15th January 2015, 7:12pm
  • essex, England
  • 54 posts

Quite enjoyed it. Early days but look forward to seeing how this progresses.

gappy

• Thursday 15th January 2015, 9:13pm [Edited]
  • Oxford, England
  • 2,231 posts

Bit odd, that. When we got to the break, I thought it was really nicely put together, and a great twist on a sit com family/prison: I would have left it there with Whitehall as the stupid leader, always trying it on with her, I'm sure there might have been 6 decent episodes in that set-up without the need for too many developments.

As it was, the plot sort of got ahead of itself, I think. Still, let's see what happens next.

fred bloggs

• Monday 19th January 2015, 5:33pm
  • England
  • 23 posts

I must have been watching a different show to everyone else! I saw nothing promising in it at all, in fact I think it was the worst sitcom I've had the misfortune to catch since that god-awful Citizen Khan.

Agnes Guano

• Tuesday 20th January 2015, 1:44pm
  • Tediumcester, England
  • 541 posts

I'll watch it a second time just to make sure it was as crap as I thought it was.

ContainsNuts

• Thursday 22nd January 2015, 1:27pm [Edited]
  • London, England
  • 2,539 posts

It's a shame as I really liked the premise and the first half of ep one. The jokes are good but for me, the main characters aren't that engaging/likeable/interesting and the plots are a bit weak.

I was a fan of Bad Education and there was a lot more heart in that.

Alphonseuss

• Thursday 22nd January 2015, 8:27pm [Edited]
  • Andorra
  • 56 posts

I find the show quite funny. Dead pan comedy is another form of in the genre and unless the viewer likes sitcoms the old fashioned way, this'll be a bit tedious.

Episode two was much much better than numero uno, only thing is that I felt terrible about the dog.

Note: Silly how some, like me, feel bad about fictional violence against animals and find killing other human beings hilarious.

Compo

• Sunday 1st February 2015, 11:54pm [Edited]
  • Trumpton, England
  • 56 posts
Quote: vinny j @ 15th January 2015, 7:12 PM GMT

Quite enjoyed it. Early days but look forward to seeing how this progresses.

I hated it but that's just MY opinion!

Basil Rathbon

• Tuesday 3rd February 2015, 12:51pm
  • South Yorkshire, England
  • 79 posts
Quote: George Kaplan @ 14th January 2015, 1:08 PM GMT

Thought this was promising. Jack Whitehall was very good.

He really does put the "Cock" in "Cockroaches".

vinny j

• Wednesday 4th February 2015, 2:10am [Edited]
  • essex, England
  • 54 posts

Not that great an episode tonight but had a feeling that would be the case once we knew Jack Whitehall was not going to be in it.

G180e

• Wednesday 4th February 2015, 1:59pm
  • Wolverhampton, England
  • 3,401 posts

I did try to get into this but gave up after the first two episodes. Shame really but it just didn't grab me.

Alphonseuss

• Wednesday 11th February 2015, 8:49pm
  • Andorra
  • 56 posts

Last episode was very funny. The two tribes conflict is a good subplot and if well managed by producers they could milk it for another two series.

Cockroaches has potential and talent.