The Switzerland Thread Page 18

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th October 2015, 9:55 AM BST

Well done Gordon.

You played very well.

I was particularly impressed by the way you combined your hat trick with your half marathon, attending a gig, acquiring a PHD, baking an award winning cake and hang gliding over the eastern Alps all inside 90 minutes.

Thanks. Have I really done all those things last night? I should go easy on the drink.

I said "Well Done" as well. Teary

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th October 2015, 5:39 PM BST

I said "Well Done" as well. Teary

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure neither England nor Switzerland will win the EURO 2016. Beating the shit out of San Marino is probably the highlight of the whole campaign for both of our teams. :(

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th October 2015, 4:32 PM BST

Thanks. Have I really done all those things last night? I should go easy on the drink.

I don't know mate.

But you are Switzerland to me.

And always have been. Wave

Stan Wawrinka wins the tournament in Tokyo.

Timea Bacsinszky loses the final in Bejing after a hard fight.

A great weekend for Swiss tennis...again! Thanks guys!

My new signature:

. .
. .
. .
. .

Calm down Aaron, I was only joking!

Old Swiss joke: ( this is best told, but whatever)

A mountaineer finds himself lost on a trek and comes across a lone chalet where he knocks on the door and asks for shelter. The owner welcomes him in, his wife feeds him and says he can have the bedroom next to his young daughter for the night.

This is too much temptation for the mountaineer so he sneaks into the daughter's bedroom and makes passionate love to her, and the next morning when her father finds out he seeks out the mountaineer, but he had already left and was half way across a mountain pass.

The father rushes out of the chalet, sees the mountaineer in the distance and shouts to him "Did you make love to my daughter?!!!"

And the mountaineer yodels back................"And your old lady too!"

(I have a cruder one than that if anyone is interested)

:D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2015, 8:22 PM BST

this is best told........"And your old lady too!"

Hearing you yodel this line would have made my day.

Otto discussing different yodel techniques:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dspinqWuQ78

Last second goal!

Phew!

Estonia - Switzerland 0-1

10 out of 10 for England (not even Germany did that!), but can you see them repeating the success? Er...............no.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th October 2015, 10:13 PM BST

10 out of 10 for England (not even Germany did that!)...

Austria 9 out of 10, 1 draw! And this in a group with Russia and Sweden. They have a good chance of playing a very good EURO tournament, especially with their reputation as underdogs. The football giants will probably underestimate their potential.
Switzerland has always been better at football than Austria for last 25 years and now this!! Feckin' Austrians.

OLÉ!! :D

On yer bike...........

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/15/great-britain-bradley-wiggins-team-pursuit-gold

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th October 2015, 9:14 AM BST

On yer bike...........

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/15/great-britain-bradley-wiggins-team-pursuit-gold

*annoyed muttering*

:D You didn't respond to my OLÉ!! :P