Should BBC3/BBC4 get the chop? Page 2

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 12, 2007, 12:08 AM

If only charlie were a commissioning editor. 'Sting Cares' and 'Wanking for Coins' would sit nicely in the early evening schedule on One.

Charlie is my hero...

Ultimately though I couldn't care less if they axed TV completely. Oh, and the Internet. It's all shite, really.

Quote: Aaron @ September 12, 2007, 8:24 AM

I think that there should be a new channel, BBC Comedy, where the work their way through the entirety of the archives. :D

And it should be 24 hours and BBC Comedy Gold for old stuff and BBC Comedy Gold Gold for really old Black and white stuff; we’ve paid for it let us watch it.

Plus BBC Sport just get rid of all the interactive bollocks to make room.

I would scrap BBC News24. It's crap!! Doom and gloom everywhere. Make the news better if you want a successful station, BBC!! Some of the sketches they show are not in the least bit funny and are less believable than Eastenders. I could write better stuff than they do. Ronnie Barker must be turning in his grave.
Come on BBC, get u're finger out!!

ps I never get the joke at the end about the weather either.

Quote: Britcom Barry @ September 12, 2007, 12:48 PM

And it should be 24 hours and BBC Comedy Gold for old stuff and BBC Comedy Gold Gold for really old Black and white stuff; we’ve paid for it let us watch it.

Plus BBC Sport just get rid of all the interactive bollocks to make room.

Hear here! Could not agree more. The BBC make millions out of DVD and overseas sales alone, nevermind the various other bits and pieces they run, sell, and rent out, so any argument that it costs is nul and void. It's already been paid for, and is just sitting around in archives gathering dust. Let us see it!

Quote: Aaron @ September 11, 2007, 10:46 AM

Not sure about the notion that the BBC is experiencing financial 'difficulties' either, to be honest. Yes, they've been trying to cut costs, but then isn't everyone? Now if you're talking ITV, there's a network that really does have problems.

Of course they're not experiencing financial difficulties because they just put the license fee up to cover whatever they want and we've got no say in the matter. We just have to pay!

They like to make out that they're in crisis. That way they've got a better chance of higher increase. As it is, they've come out £2 billion less than they'd hoped for.

There are also sorts of government imposed restrictions on repeat showings on the BBC.

For example, BBC3 and BBC4 are only allowed to show a few hours of programme they didn't make themselves per week. Doctor Who and Eastenders wipes out BBC3's quota.