Dinner Party

Who would you invite to a dinner party for an interesting evening? I might have the Simpsons, Ledbetters, Mainwarings, Crane brothers, Slobs and... Lee Mack.

My mom and dad (lovely couple) and sister Mary with the kids.

Erm, yeah. Lee Mack would do.

(I feel I am turning into our dear friend with the Sporty Spice obsession. I will now stop talking about Lee Mack.)

Sean Lock and all you guys (someone needs to do the washing up). Angelic

Moving to the correct forum.

And in answer to the original question, Boris Johnson! :D

Joanna Lumley, Sandie Shaw, Elvis Costello, David Bowie, Ricky Gervais, Karen Taylor

When I saw this I thought it was about the comedy on BBC1 - although it's had crap reviews.

Anyway - I'll give it a go.

I'll invite God just to see what his excuse for not coming is considering his omnipresent.

Sorry, I thought this was a thread on that terrible drama on BBC1 last night. What was Alison Steadman thinking?

This will take some thinking.........

I think I would invite Matthew Barney (just so I can pretend to be arty and clever plus I wanna ask him what the appeal of vasaline is), David Bowie (for a bit of drunk singing around the old casio), Nicole Morrier (because she is just so sickenly pretty and no one else knows who she is so no one will want to admit it), John Waters (to gross out everyone at dinner with stories about Divine eating poo) and one of my all time comic heroes, Ade Edmondson (The Overlord let me watch him from an early age. In fact, between the ages of 2-5 years, i went through my "Vyvyan" phase).

I will serve up my Maryland chicken with a host of different salads, sides, dips, and spicy wedges but shall avoid the chocolate truffle mousse if John is coming.

Thanks for contributions to my first thread! Dinner party guests could also include sitcom characters (my original thought) x (Sorry, put in the wrong forum originally. Thanks for moving it.)

Jesus, Cardinal Wolsey, Richard III, Kenneth More, Frankie's parents and Mary and the kids.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 10, 2007, 11:41 AM

I think I would invite Matthew Barney (just so I can pretend to be arty and clever plus I wanna ask him what the appeal of vasaline is), David Bowie (for a bit of drunk singing around the old casio), Nicole Morrier (because she is just so sickenly pretty and no one else knows who she is so no one will want to admit it), John Waters (to gross out everyone at dinner with stories about Divine eating poo) and one of my all time comic heroes, Ade Edmondson (The Overlord let me watch him from an early age. In fact, between the ages of 2-5 years, i went through my "Vyvyan" phase).

Apart from Bowie and Ade, who are those people?!

I know John Waters!!!!!

Me, me, I do!!

He has an ace mustache.

I'll invite Karl Pilkington.