For All Us Idiots

whos actually not going to uni? (Im not I have my super cool job *starts crying*)

Anyone have regrets about not going or are some of you going in the future.

personally, I'm not fussed I'm still going to enjoy the parties at uni just none of the learning so its a happy medium!

All us idiots who aren't going to uni untie!!!

I couldn't be bothered with exams at school, so I served an apprenticeship instead. Ended up going back to Uni for my Degree. Got a job no bother as I had a good working history, looked like I wanted to progress (Chucked my job to go back to Uni). Have not looked back since.

These 1st class honours people have no social skills. Try reading 'Emotional Intelligence' and telling all these 1st class honours folk to "get it right up em", sad buggers that they are.

Sorry for the rambling.

Quote: Rosco @ September 7, 2007, 11:21 AM

Sorry for the rambling.

you clearly havent posted in my threads before
:P

I went, it was the best thing I ever did. There is just no experience like it. The freedom v the pressure, growing up, parties, and being constantly surrounded by so many different people from different backgrounds, countries, cultures etc. It can't really be totally explained so I'll stop there but I went there wondering what all the fuss was about and left knowing that it was a one-off time that was invaluable.

PS. I haven't even mentioned studying, courses etc. Uni is just so much more than that - especially if you leave home like I did. The worst thing you can do is say "I don't want to go to uni because i don't like studying."

I'm there now and I wish I'd gone earlier.

I love it and I have the brain of a Pot Noodle:)

Chicken and Mushroom?

Yeah, classic Pot Noodle:)

Quote: Rosco @ September 7, 2007, 11:21 AM

These 1st class honours people have no social skills. Try reading 'Emotional Intelligence' and telling all these 1st class honours folk to "get it right up em", sad buggers that they are.

Sorry for the rambling.

My Mum has a First Class Honours degree...in nursing! which shows just a bit of social skill too! plus she had me :P

I'm in Edinburgh airport after a couple of days looking at universities in Scotland and after all this I'm not sure if I want to go...the courses I want to do have no jobs at the end of them :(

Uni = meh.

I guess it depends on what one actually studies.

I actually loved uni so much i was actually depressed for months after i'd left...until i went travelling. But i will say they were 3 of the best years of my life...so many friends, so much fun oh and a degree at the end of it! Brilliant!

Quote: paul watson @ September 7, 2007, 11:07 AM

whos actually not going to uni? (Im not I have my super cool job *starts crying*)

Anyone have regrets about not going or are some of you going in the future.

personally, I'm not fussed I'm still going to enjoy the parties at uni just none of the learning so its a happy medium!

All us idiots who aren't going to uni untie!!!

Cosmos

Don't panic mate, there are plenty of others like you who are on the scrap heap of life! You'll be OK, there's always room at the bottom!

Frankie xxx
BO (arms)

In my ignorance i take the alan partridge view:

school of hard knocks: 84-94.
University of life: 96-?

i had a gap year dj-ing.

Errr

Quote: Avril @ September 7, 2007, 6:35 PM

I'm in Edinburgh airport after a couple of days looking at universities in Scotland and after all this I'm not sure if I want to go...the courses I want to do have no jobs at the end of them :(

You have at least as much chance of a job after a uni degree, as you do right now.

So what's the difference? Better to do it and have a fantastic, responsibilty free few years first.

And £30,000 of debt.