Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 17

Quote: Luke Frost @ 28th December 2014, 5:23 PM GMT

I remember him saying that as well. I think that if it does come back, it won't be till 2016 due to him taking a break from comedy for some of next year.

If it does come back I'm willing to predict it will be under a spinoff series called "Going Out" as Tommy Griff suggested.

I'm guessing end on 2016 if it does. Hopefully it will. I'd like to see how he writes the new format.

A spin off show which will be more family friendly would be an awful idea.

Either take a break for a while, refresh and do another series or two like the BBC hope or just end it now and go out on a high that was the last episode.

If they do do another series then they have to pull out all the stops to try and get Tim Vine to come back.

Quote: Luke Frost @ 28th December 2014, 5:23 PM GMT

If it does come back I'm willing to predict it will be under a spinoff series called "Going Out" as Tommy Griff suggested.

Sorry, can't take it any more. They aren't sodding 'going out' so if he brings it back (I hope he doesn't, personally!) it'll have to be called 'Married'. Pedant alert over! ;)

Quote: radiat10n @ 28th December 2014, 8:42 PM GMT

...have to called 'Married'

...or 'Marred'.

I honestly don't think it would be called Going Out, I think it would keep the same name. It's because it takes 9 months a year to produce and that's why Lee wants some time away from it. But he cares about it too much now to give up on it.

Quote: vinny j @ 25th December 2014, 1:28 AM GMT

Hi all, new to the forum but being a long term visitor.

Big Not Going Out fan, one of my fave sitcoms of all time. Just finished watching tonights episode and thought I would offer my views.

Series 1-5 were simply fantastic, not a single poor episode amoung them, series 6 lost it's magic somewhat with the departure of Tim Vine and was a tad hit and miss. Still some cracking episodes however.

Series 7 not the best, perhaps more hit than miss, but once I have re-watched the series I may well change that opinion. Did so with series 6.

But the last episode was imho one of the best of not just Not Going Out's run but all sitcoms. Very funny from start to finish and what a magical ending.

Seeing Tommy Cannon was a real treat but then to see a return of Tim was simply wonderful.

Then all the guest cameo's from past characters was a real nice treat and rounded of the final episode off just perfectly. If it is to be the last ever (and I hope it won't be) then what a way to bale out.

10 out of 10 I would say.

You've summed up pretty much what I would have said. I've been quite critical of the last couple of series of NGO but it really pulled it all together in the final two episodes and was even a bit emotional at times!

Of course the pedant in me can't resist a final criticism or two. Why is Lucy the woman of Lee's dreams when all she seems to do is belittle and criticise him? Why is Lucy marrying a man who appears to be a hopeless waster who's never had a proper job? And why would you invite to your wedding guest such as a man who physically attacked you or another man who once chased you out of a pet shop because he thought you had a dead rabbit in your bag?

But of course, none of this really matters. All the loose ends have been neatly tied up, all the characters live happily ever after and the actors can move on to new projects without feeling guilty at leaving the show in the lurch.

But please BBC, don't make the same mistake as you did with OFAH and bring it back for a Christmas special in a few years time.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 31st December 2014, 12:00 PM GMT

But please BBC, don't make the same mistake as you did with OFAH and bring it back for a Christmas special in a few years time.

I don't think there is a lot more to say I agree it was a fantastic ending. (Did wonder about the wedding guests myself, but didn't spoil the show!)

Been a big fan and this is the moment the show has been building up to, it needs to never come back, leave us with that amazing ending, I was never a great fan of ONLY F & H but I thought the last episode when they walk off into the sunset was the perfect ending, they had made their money and they were millionaires!! Brilliant, but not a few years later new series and because the writer has such low opinions of its viewers they had to lose all their money and go back to live in their Peckham flat! Total destruction of the perfect ending!! So I hope that's the end of what was an amazing show, then I can just enjoy the DVDs for years to come.

In my eyes the show isn't over and think it could be really good if it was to do another series. I thought the ending was ok but not the best. We haven't really seen what Lee and Lucy are like as a couple and I think that would be how Series 8 would go.

None of this 'going out' nonsense which idk where people are getting from.

Wix, Rix and Dix!!??--are these all their proper names. How come they all appear in Not Going Out?

Quote: radiat10n @ 28th December 2014, 8:42 PM GMT

Sorry, can't take it any more. They aren't sodding 'going out' so if he brings it back (I hope he doesn't, personally!) it'll have to be called 'Married'. Pedant alert over! ;)

Lot of married couples don't go out for various reasons (money for one) and as they will now be married how about "Going In and Out" :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th January 2015, 6:49 PM GMT

...and as they will now be married how about "Going In and Out" :P

Lucky bugger if that is Sally/Lucy just out of shot. ('Scuse double pun :P )

Quote: Laff @ 8th January 2015, 12:38 PM GMT

Wix, Rix and Dix!!??--are these all their proper names. How come they all appear in Not Going Out?

Jamie Rix, the Producer(?) is I think a son of Brian of farce fame.

He is indeed! Excellent comedy genes in that family. :)