Hello From the Salem, Massachusetts

Hi, my name is Nathanielle. Yes I've spelled it correctly, no it's not the "French" spelling, no I didn't change it to be unique. Ask my mother, she signed the birth certificate.

A few things about me. I'm proud to call myself a Vermonter. If you ate Ben and Jerry's this week, you're welcome. We're also the home of such writers and cultural icons as Robert Frost, Shirley Jackson, and John Goldsmith. (Stay Thirsty My Friends)

British comedy was a fixture in our house for as long as my mother was in charge of the remote. I've been exposed to John Cleese and Stephen Fry in one form or another from about the time I was five. (Just not in the form that could land us a huge settlement check) Some of my current favourites from your side of the Pond are Michael Mintyre, Russell Howard and Daniel Sloss.

From my side I'm particularly fond of the late Mitch Hedberg and the currently still living Steven Hofstetter and Ellen DeGeneres.

I'm starting out with the open mics for now. Trying new jokes, sharpening my act, and trying to follow the advice of my mentors and influences. For the most part comedy, like the other arts I have pursued, have been a wonderful alternative to abusing cough medicine. But if it turns into something big down the line, I certainly won't complain.

Welcome to the site Nate :)

Thank you. :)

When did Ellen did? :O

Oh, sorry. I should have probably specified that the Hedberg was the only one on that list I discovered post mortem. I corrected it now. :)

Laughing out loud Although now I won't get the chance to perv on console Portia De Rossi.

Are there still covens where you are, Nate?

[quote name="Lee" post="1050032" date="23rd January 2014, 2:37 PM GMTperv on console Portia De Rossi.[/quote]
Nothing stopping you if you're truly dedicated. I mean the consoling part, naturally.

Quote: beaky @ 23rd January 2014, 5:52 PM GMT

Are there still covens where you are, Nate?

If by covens you mean people dressing like rejects from a Rob Zombie video than oh yeah, there are covens here.