British television & its critics delude themselves Page 5

Quote: Kenneth @ 4th January 2014, 7:34 PM GMT

I'm blissfully ignorant of Miles Dyson and Skynet

:O

Kenneth's not NCP

Quote: Marc P @ 4th January 2014, 7:37 PM GMT

Kenneth's not NCP

To be fair, a lesbian period is always a drama.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 4th January 2014, 7:42 PM GMT

To be fair, a lesbian period is always a drama.

Laughing out loud

You've been sorely missed!

Quote: Ben @ 4th January 2014, 7:43 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

You've been sorely missed!

Lovey <3 Hug

I'm glad this thread of mine attracted so much interest.

Only wish a f**king sitcom script of mine attracted the same amount of interest within the f**king jaded British TV networks.

I live in a world where Adam Hills wins multiple awards and 'Downton Abbey' is considered 'must-see television'.

:(

Oh so it isnt just me that thinks Adam Hills is about as funny as cancer of the scrotum

F**kkin ell

Quote: T.W. @ 13th January 2014, 9:45 PM GMT

I'm glad this thread of mine attracted so much interest.

Only wish a f**king sitcom script of mine attracted the same amount of interest within the f**king jaded British TV networks.

I live in a world where Adam Hills wins multiple awards and 'Downton Abbey' is considered 'must-see television'.

F**k off Tim and write a play. British TV will be okay again but will need a couple of years yet.

Quote: Marc P @ 13th January 2014, 10:42 PM GMT

F**k off Tim and write a play. British TV will be okay again but will need a couple of years yet.

I am writing a play, Marc!

I'm not complaining completely, I have irons in the fire when it comes to TV comedy. I've got a brilliant actor attached for one sitcom I have with a big prod co... Just feel, after 8 years, it's my turn.

In more general terms, part of the problem with British TV is there are no mavericks currently in positions of influence. British TV has a fear of originality, not a passion for it.

For example, I might be seen in the next series of 'One Born Every Minute', which airs in C4 in ?March. I am the misanthropic anaesthetist.

I'm sure we have a pile of brilliantly original scripts in this country, all in search of a champion. People can love your pilot script, but you often don't even get to pitch at networks due to a fear of 'what they are looking for'...

F**k it! F**k the whole system in the eye!

;)

Quote: T.W. @ 13th January 2014, 11:07 PM GMT

I am writing a play, Marc!

I'm not complaining completely, I have irons in the fire when it comes to TV comedy. I've got a brilliant actor attached for one sitcom I have with a big prod co... Just feel, after 8 years, it's my turn.

In more general terms, part of the problem with British TV is there are no mavericks currently in positions of influence. British TV has a fear of originality, not a passion for it.

For example, I might be seen in the next series of 'One Born Every Minute', which airs in C4 in ?March. I am the misanthropic anaesthetist.

I'm sure we have a pile of brilliantly original scripts in this country, all in search of a champion. People can love your pilot script, but you often don't even get to pitch at networks due to a fear of 'what they are looking for'...

F**k it! F**k the whole system in the eye!

;)

It may be your turn. Point is nobody at the moment wants brilliant scripts. It's the industry is the problem not the creatives. But trust me that will change. And sitcom?..? Google how Benidorm got made!

Quote: T.W. @ 13th January 2014, 11:07 PM GMT

I was at a script reading in London 2 years ago. Mine was read script in hand as were five others. I hoped mine would be stand out brilliant. However there was a guy there with a sit-com called 'Museum of Things'. It was funnier read sitting down than anything I've seen performed on TV. But where is it? It was a sure fire winner. I was ashamed mine was read out at the same time

It's been archived.

Quote: Marc P @ 14th January 2014, 10:45 AM GMT

It's been archived.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're wasted on that Doctors programme :)