Charlie Brooker's 2013 Wipe Page 2

The first half was awful, then it got a bit better.

Happy now?

I love Doug Stanhope but he seriously needs a new liver at this stage. Hepatic encephalopathy is not fun to watch. You can see him trying to remember his points. Sad.

off topic

Add me as another for 'I get the joke but the talking heads weren't funny'. I know it's a tradition of the Wipe series to do these skits but they went on way too long. Reminded me of why I stopped watching the Daily Show, which likewise abused the same shtick.

One thing I really felt was missing- making fun of ads. This is usually one of the funniest parts but I think all we got was the brief bit about Amazon and comparing the Bear advert to Watership Down.

I dunno. Like I say, the whole show felt phoned in.

I'm sure it's not just me but Charlie Brooker definitely loves the sound of his own voice. I don't see anything that is remotely funny in what he says in fact he just sounds egotistically sarcastic as if he gets the joke and you don't because you are not as clever as him. I know this may be unpopular but I speak as I find and I find him....well....just boring.

Quote: Father Jack @ 4th January 2014, 12:18 AM GMT

I'm sure it's not just me but Charlie Brooker definitely loves the sound of his own voice,

More likely he hates it, and hates everything else about himself.

Charlie's become successful. It's hard throwing bricks at the gilded towers when you're on the inside. S01E02 of Black Mirror pretty much summed it up.

I normally like Doug Stanhope, the "You know what we have for breakfast in America? Choice." from last year was great. The atheist stuff I've heard him talking about elsewhere... wasn't too thrilled to hear it again.