The brilliant Helen Lederer is crowdfunding!

Ladies and Gentlemen, clear the mini bar, Dame Helen Lederer is back in the building.

That's right, the middle aged comedienne is joining the 21st century and crowdfunding her fab show Why The Fuss? With guests such as Radio 4's Mark Lawson and journalist Suzanne Moore, this is definitely a show that you'll want to get involved in! Find out more info, and become a producer here: http://www.bloomvc.com/project/Helen-Lederer-WTF

Ooh I love Helen Ledererererer

That's all I have to say

Bye bye

Great! Hope you'll back her project, and share with your networks :)

Well, she could make it, doesn't mean anyone's going to air it though.

The £10,000 target is to produce her live shows which will be held at St James Theatre, but Helen would ultimately like to make a TV pilot. She's definitely got the connections and the charm to convince a channel to host her show - she may even already have something up her sleeve!

Flare what is your relationship to Helen lederer?

Are you Helen lederer?

Or a sinister fan with Helen lederer in their fritzell basement?

Don't ticket sales usually pay for the cost of putting on a show? Is it a lack of funds to pay upfront costs that's prompted this bizarre crowdfunding attempt?

WTF? stands for What the F**k? by the way

Helen is putting on a one woman show so yes needs to pay costs upfront. But crowdfunding is also about raising awareness and engaging with fans on a different level - there are some exclusive rewards for backers!

Good luck to her, but I hope this isn't her only option for getting the cash to put on a show, because this kind of crowdfunding is rarely successful.

Bloom has a success rate of 35% which is pretty good! And it's the power of the crowd that decides whether a project is successful, and they're a fickle bunch - all we can do is promote our projects and let them decide :)

Quote: Cara Pleym @ October 20 2013, 2:03 PM BST

there are some exclusive rewards for backers!

Tell people what these 'exclusive rewards' are and they might stump up some cash. It's a business venture so be open and honest. Scrap the mystery prize nonsense.

Hi Cara

Basically you're spamming us, you've turned up, not introduced yourself and started begging for money. Money for what is frankly a pretty dubious product, if I give Helen Lederer (if that is her, I see no evidence of this)money I might get to see another not very good pilot, from a star who can't scare up the money from a production company.

Oh and if I give a grand she might come and join me for lunch (for that much I could probably spit roast Bonni Langford with Micheal Barrymoore).

Introduce yourself, say what your steak is in this product. Because frankly most people who people who post like you do get banned.

Laughing out loud I wouldn't brag about that success rate if I were you! I'm sure that in your business that sounds good, but in the rest of the world that sounds terrible!

I think for crowdfunding it needs to be a project with mass appeal or with geek appeal - unfortunately, trying to fund a live show with a very short run in one city with an act that has a limited fanbase, it's just not going to happen. It would be nice if things worked that way, but they don't.

Quote: Harridan @ October 20 2013, 2:11 PM BST

Good luck to her, but I hope this isn't her only option for getting the cash to put on a show, because this kind of crowdfunding is rarely successful.

The depressing fact is they have a 30-50% success rate. Depressing because they suck up the sort of money people used to give to charity, by masquerading as a fun way to give.

It's kinda understandable if it's for some bright eyed new screen writer, or someone doing some minority interest research.

This isn't, it's a vanity product.

Quote: sootyj @ October 20 2013, 2:40 PM BST

The depressing fact is they have a 30-50% success rate. Depressing because they suck up the sort of money people used to give to charity, by masquerading as a fun way to give.

It's kinda understandable if it's for some bright eyed new screen writer, or someone doing some minority interest research.

This isn't, it's a vanity product.

Quite.