The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I think Paramount 2 are showing a whole series tonight, starting at 9PM. I remember it being repeated when the film came out and it seemed pretty good. Anyhoo, just thought I'd put that out there!

:)

Indeed they are.

Don't mention the film again. Angry

the brother has it on DVD :D only problem is that its a bit dated now I spose

I've never seen the original TV series or radio plays but I absolutely loved the book. One of my favourite all timers, even inspired me to start writing a book, with the emphasis on START writing...another little project put on hold, they soon seem to build up...

Taping it.

I've just woken up and oddly enough, during the mad events in my dream, I stumbled across the books. Funny that...

I loved the TV series and own it on DVD. I was brought up on the radio series (well, I say that, but it was actually on vinyl where I first heard it!)

Well, I liked the film. *sticks out tongue* But this maybe because i have a huge, uncontrollable crush on Zooey Deschanel.

BAM!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ August 25, 2007, 11:46 PM

Well, I liked the film. *sticks out tongue*

Please don't even get me started.

Quote: Butter Side Down @ August 25, 2007, 9:14 PM

I've never seen the original TV series or radio plays but I absolutely loved the book.

The books really are great. Takes a bit of getting into, but once you're in, there's no escaping. The original radio shows are a bit different, but still very good. I was introduced to the trilogy through the books though, so I'll always have a soft-spot for those particularly.

The DVD (of the original TV series, that is) is well worth buying.

So I watched two, not bad, but f**king weird!

I loved the books and the TV show when I was a kid.
And for some reason fancied Ford Prefect.

I've never listened to the radio show though. I almost always prefer TV versions anyway.

I have everthing, the books, the TV series and the radio shows but not the film. My Dad has the original books aswell. HGTTG is just too good, its one of those shows that just is simple brilliant.

Couldn't stand the film. In fact it was a huge disappointment with Martin Freeman reprising the role of Tim from 'The Office'. Just as a sidebar, I actually had the towel - really! It was a promotional item with a whole chunk of narration woven into it.

I always meant to buy a towel. £18. Tempting.

Well, I liked the film. *sticks out tongue*

*cuts off toungue*

But this maybe because i have a huge, uncontrollable crush on Zooey Deschanel.

So do I, but that's still no excuse.

To quote myself from another thread (to save time, not because I like the sound of my own... er... fingers):

The fundemental flaw with the adeptation was the (suspicously American) misconception that punchlines are the only part of a joke.

"Here's a towel, towels are important" was no substitute for the wonderful build-up that made the joke. Nor was Ford Predef scooting down the street with a trolley full of beer for; "In, as you say, the Mud." and it's surrounding sequence of brilliance.

In many ways HHGTTG is the worst film ever made purley for the fact that they started with such wonderful source material. I find it heart breaking that such an awsome cast and some rather stunning visuals were wasted on hollowed out joke shells.

Quote: Sir Geoffrey Loftus @ August 27, 2007, 12:29 AM

So do I, but that's still no excuse.

Now here's a man with a sense of priorities.