The Midnight Beast - Series 2

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001208/the_midnight_beast_series_2_on_e4/

That's great news! Looking forward to watching this new series.

I'd rather have seen The Wright Way get a recommission than this.

The Midnight Beast is awesome, mixing funny songs with comedy.

I liked the beginning.

Great to see Phil Cornwell make a guest appearance too. :D

Episode 2 of this series was a big improvement on the whole first series. They still can't act brilliantly and mangle about half their dialogue but it's sort of charming and shambolic but with a proper story this time. The fish song was good.

I will start off with saying I thought Series 1 was incredible. So far from watching first 2 episodes of Series 2 it's not been anywhere near as good but decent still, first episode was interesting but the songs were average, 2nd episode wasn't very good but the songs were better but they did ruin the 2nd track (ubercvrrnthelladopeness) with it cutting in & out the track should have played the video through makes the track a lot better, they spoiled the track for me cutting into scenes then back into the track... Hopefully Series 2 improves...

What do you all think of series 2 so far? I'm interested ?

I'll give Series 2 another crack of the whip in a bit. I thought Series 1 was excellent. Genuinely one of the funniest and freshest things I've seen in ages so I was rather looking forward to the second series.

However, when I started watching it on 4OD I lost interest after about 10 minutes. Perhaps that was just me. I was driving a bus at the time after all, but it just didn't seem to have the same sparkle.

Like I say, that was after 10 minutes so I don't intend to damn the whole series on that but to me the 'energy just wasn't there'.

I thought the first episode was the 'dullest'. The last episode (4th one I think) was the best. Let us know what you think after watching 'em, and all you others what're your opinions on Series 2 so far?

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ 18th February 2014, 10:53 PM GMT

I'll give Series 2 another crack of the whip in a bit. I thought Series 1 was excellent. Genuinely one of the funniest and freshest things I've seen in ages so I was rather looking forward to the second series.

However, when I started watching it on 4OD I lost interest after about 10 minutes. Perhaps that was just me. I was driving a bus at the time after all, but it just didn't seem to have the same sparkle.

Like I say, that was after 10 minutes so I don't intend to damn the whole series on that but to me the 'energy just wasn't there'.

I do know what you mean. Doesn't feel as fresh as the first series. TBH the songs haven't been as great either, they have been decent but would be very tough to beat tracks like Video Games, Strategy Wanking, Medium Pimpin', Ninjas etc.

Let us know after you've caught up with the 4 episodes what you think.

Quote: curtis patrick @ 22nd July 2013, 3:20 PM BST

I'd rather have seen The Wright Way get a recommission than this.

Laughing out loud

Being honest I thought the second series was nowhere near Series 1...quite a let down...

What did you all think of series 2?

Did anybody watch series 2? Eh?

Yes. I enjoyed it. It felt more of a sitcom than Series 1, but less funny.

Series 1 was way better