Smile and act nice - A tea party invite. Page 2

Wow, that cake looks great, seriously - and where did you get the string quartet at such short notice? One of them looks a bit like Vanessa Mae.

I'm off down the pub, but I'll stay long enough for a couple of slices of cake and the Vanessa Mae look-alike's phone number.

p.s. what's trolling?

Trolling is an internet term when you go onto a forum and have a go at other users ether to provoke a reaction, to take out your frustrations you can't do in real life, or you just pick on others. I'm thankful to say that the little that I've seen doesn't seem to be intentional, mostly. Just people getting a little miffed really and not thinking about what they type! This place is very good really. It's rare not to have trolling in most forums.

I don't think we've really had true trolling. Just people trying to raise points perhaps not-too-effectively.

Unless I'm missing something in the Writers section.

:O why didnt I see this sooner!? someone pour me a cup of tea...the new computer is driving me NUTS

the new computer is driving me NUTS

I thought you were a girl?

Quote: Aaron @ August 17, 2007, 7:10 PM

I don't think we've really had true trolling.

Remember the wonderful Chipandale? - more of a pet troll than true troll - remember Gonks? Perhaps a gonk then.

"HAHAHAHHA REAS MY SIGNITURE U WEIRDOS"

Maybe it's time to ditch the quote in my signature now but everytime I see that (and when I remember your own sig, Aaron) it cracks me up.

Only two other examples spring to mind.

But Ruby is right, I've never known a forum so free of trolling.

Quote: Aaron @ August 17, 2007, 7:10 PM

Unless I'm missing something in the Writers section.

That's usually my fault. I'm not exactly the most eagle-eyed of Action Men but I do have extraordinarily gripping hands in the economic sense.

Do you have the moulded pants like action man too?

No wonder Barbie went with Ken. A bump is way better that whatever that was!

You say that with a disturbing air of knowledge. Hmmmmmmmm!

I remember as a child the rumours that unlike Ken or Paul, Action man actually did have a willy. A lot of boys lost their tight gripping friend that year though little sisters dying to know the truth.

And I'm not talking Gary Glitter.

Excuse my innocence but what is trolling? Is it hunting for those long haired things that went on the end of your pencil in the seventies? I thought that trolls were Scandinavian in origin. There's one in Peer Gynt

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 17, 2007, 6:45 PM

Trolling is an internet term when you go onto a forum and have a go at other users ether to provoke a reaction, to take out your frustrations you can't do in real life, or you just pick on others. I'm thankful to say that the little that I've seen doesn't seem to be intentional, mostly. Just people getting a little miffed really and not thinking about what they type! This place is very good really. It's rare not to have trolling in most forums.

What the fook is trolling??????????????

Wohoooo...cake! Haven't had cake for a year - can't afford it! :(

trolling...
yeah explain please ruby

Okay, sorry. I promise to be nice now because there are sensitive people here and the cake-eating must continue undisturbed

Re-read the post! It's when someone comes on an Internet-based community discussion medium (chat room, message board, newgroup, etc), and purposely tries to cause arguments, start fights, and so on.