Writing exercise Page 4

Quote: Jaicee @ July 13 2013, 10:12 AM BST

.Maybe Declan and Simon are eejits who don't like women or anybody who has a better command of written English like what we have.

:D Sadly that definitely isn't the case, my script just wasn't very good!

As with all things, it is for the writer to decide whether the critique is valid or not. Although I remember someone once saying that 'there is a kernel of truth in every piece of criticism'. Even if you don't agree with what is being said, it is always worth working out why the critique is being made. There may be something valuable hidden underneath.

I knew a colonel truth poor man was the fir rt casualty

Quote: Jennie @ July 13 2013, 9:22 AM BST

I posted a couple of scenes in critique when I first joined and got some useful feedback.

OK, but what about the subject of this thread; your writing technique of writing sitcom out as a drama?

Quote: Nogget @ July 15 2013, 2:14 PM BST

OK, but what about the subject of this thread; your writing technique of writing sitcom out as a drama?

Not sure about doing that - I only really did it as an exercise, so the quality isn't very high. It also showed the massive plot problems I had, so all in all it's not something I'm particularly proud of!

I don't want to waste people's time by asking them to read stuff that isn't my best work - I think you should re-draft something at least 10 times yourself before asking anyone else to look at it.

Quote: Jennie @ July 15 2013, 2:19 PM BST

I think you should re-draft something at least 10 times yourself before asking anyone else to look at it.

Oooops. :O

Quote: Marc P @ July 15 2013, 2:56 PM BST

Oooops. :O

That only applies to amateurs, obviously ;)

This is a comedy site Jennie you need to lighten up, get the nucleus up on critique and work it out based on that.
Once you have established it's funny you can redraft till your hearts content.

Quote: Jennie @ July 15 2013, 3:14 PM BST

That only applies to amateurs, obviously ;)

What makes you think he's not an amateur? They only pay him peanuts...no really, shells on as well.

Monkey Nuts!

Quote: Marc P @ July 15 2013, 3:40 PM BST

Monkey Nuts!

There you are Teddy. Roscoff has posted a picture of a monkey's testicles. Is that light enough for you?

Quote: Jennie @ July 15 2013, 3:48 PM BST

There you are Teddy. Roscoff has posted a picture of a monkey's testicles. Is that light enough for you?

By the way that's the only pics I put on here. Never mind what the topic.

Quote: roscoff @ July 15 2013, 3:50 PM BST

By the way that's the only pics I put on here. Never mind what the topic.

Testicle pictures? Or monkey pictures? Or does it have to be a combined effort?

Quote: Jennie @ July 15 2013, 3:51 PM BST

Testicle pictures? Or monkey pictures? Or does it have to be a combined effort?

Pfff! You'd never catch me posting a pic without monkeys testicles involved somewhere. Everything else is so last year!

He looks proud of the f**kers though