Outnumbered - Series 1

Info about Outnumbered....

Tuesday 28 August 2007, BBC1

Partially improvised six-part comedy about a London couple (played by Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner) and their three children. The cast also includes Samantha Bond, Tyger Drew-Honey, Daniel Roche and Ramona Marquez. There is a script by Guy Jenkin and Andy Hamilton but the children will improvise in order to shock their parents. Made by Hat Trick.

COMEDY: Outnumbered
On: BBC 1
Date: Tuesday 28th August 2007
Time: 22:35 to 23:05

With Claire Skinner, Hugh Dennis, Tyger Drew-Honey, Daniel Roche, Ramona Marquez. Comedy series about the daily rollercoaster of life with three young children - a regal five-year-old girl with a talent for interrogation, a seven-year-old boy who could out-fib Jeffrey Archer and an 11-year-old who is gearing up for his scary first day at secondary school.

... Intriguing! Thanks! :)

No one looks at the website anymore Teary

The above info, and more, has been in our early guide to the show for a couple of weeks now... www.comedy.co.uk/outnumbered

This is the first I've heard of this comedy, but the read up sends shivers down my spine. Shows featuring children, or revolving around children, just aren't funny. Anybody remember the dire Ben Elton comedy starring Ardle O'Hanlon? And what about the last few Only Fools and Horses incarnations featuring Delboy's children as a replacement for the late great Uncle Albert. It just didn't work. Children aren't remotely funny, and if a sitcom needs children it should employ dwarves or very short adult actors to play them.

Lies!

Quote: Mark @ August 17, 2007, 9:12 AM

No one looks at the website anymore Teary

We need more RSS feeds, evidently!

What do RSS feeds do? I never understood what they are?

Quote: Leevil @ August 17, 2007, 1:03 PM

What do RSS feeds do? I never understood what they are?

RSS = Really Sexy Secret.

RSS feeds are quite geeky so if you don't know what one is then you're probably best staying that way!

Basically they provide an easy way for you to read news, data etc from many websites in one place. Giving it a go is probably the best way of discovering...

If you visit www.netvibes.com, press "add a feed" and then put the URL below into the box and press add you should see our news on that page (some people use Netvibes as their homepage)... https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/rss.xml

I bet the improvised part of this show is about 1%.

It's clearly a marketing trick to stop it looking like A N Other domestic sitcom and sinking without a trace.

But with Guy Jenkin, Andy Hamilton and Hugh Dennis it will be funny. But whether people will watch it is another matter.

Quote: Mark @ August 17, 2007, 1:17 PM

RSS = Really Sexy Secret.

Laughing out loud

Outnumbered is, rather bizarely, going out on consecutive evenings (Tue, Wed, Thu) over the next two weeks.

For quite an in-depth preview and photos from the series do check out our expanded guide to the series.

Weird. I did see a preview though and it looked funny. "I'm not going to put a burger in bubblewrap." hehe

Quote: Mark @ August 23, 2007, 11:55 AM

Outnumbered is, rather bizarely, going out on consecutive evenings (Tue, Wed, Thu) over the next two weeks.

I notice that, thought it was a mistake at first, now it’s left me wondering whether there just getting it out the way before the peak viewing seasons starts.

It's not going out live as well is it? I'm sure they're in need of all the gimmicks they can get their hands on.

Quote: Britcom Barry @ August 23, 2007, 3:56 PM

I notice that, thought it was a mistake at first, now it’s left me wondering whether there just getting it out the way before the peak viewing seasons starts.

Yeah my thoughts too. But, going out on a limb here, I think Outnumbered could be the best new sitcom of 2007. I'm looking forward to Tuesday to see whether I am right or have completely mis-judged things.

I think it could be really funny.
But that scheduling is bizarre.