Satire news website - contributors wanted

Hey guys!

I have recently set up a news satire website, similar in style to The Onion and The Daily Mash if you're familiar with them... The site hasn't been properly launched yet as I'm waiting till I've got a decent bit of content on it.

But yeah basically I'm looking for contributors to help get things going, writing satire articles on politics, business, education, sport, entertainment and more.

Check the site out and let me know what you think, and if you'd be interested in contributing comment here or you can find my email through the website.

Thanks guys.

www.dailybull.co.uk

If you like what you see/read then please don't hesitate to follow the site on Twitter www.twitter.com/DailyBullUK or like the Facebook page www.facebook.com/dailybull.co.uk to keep updated!

Daily Bull suggests bullshit news. I would opt for a dead serious, straight name, to suggest genuine news.

Journalese and grammar need some work. Such as: "UK food inspectors have discovered a batch of Kit Kat chocolate bars being sold in parts of the country which contain traces of real cat meat."

Look to old Viz comics' spoof news items to see how to do this well.

Avoid using exclamation marks.

Your 'World' category could do with some content. This is where you get fame by tricking lazy reporters in China, Chad or Chile into citing articles about "Kim Jong-un banned from Nancy Reagan Memorial Brothel" and such stuff.

Actually that's not bad at all, if I get the time I might put something together for you.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Kenneth, about the name - it does suggest bullshit news but that's the idea really, I'm not really intended to trick people into thinking it's actually real.

The content on there at the moment was all knocked up pretty quickly, I just wanted to have something there to start working with, I'm going to start making them longer and more well thought out as I go :)

Sootyj - please do! :)

You may want to replace the 'Recent Posts' tab on your page with 'Latest News' to make it more like a news site than a blog.

Here's an ancient article from Viz:

[/quote]

Good point, thanks. Got rid of all of mentions of posts now and changed them to news. :)

Haha that's really good, thanks for posting that!

Seriously, I once nearly started a satirical news site called the Daily Bull myself. I was hoping to be like the Onion and the sadly-missed Rockall Times since the Mash didn't exist back then.

Good job actually getting it actually up and running.

Ha! That's interesting! Thanks, I'm really excited about the whole thing.

There are a couple of pieces of fresh, steaming comedy on my blog that might be of interest to you, one of which just landed today and is yours to use as you wish (I'm not precious).

AG

Quote: AndyGilder @ May 1 2013, 1:41 PM BST

There are a couple of pieces of fresh, steaming comedy on my blog that might be of interest to you, one of which just landed today and is yours to use as you wish (I'm not precious).

AG

Brilliant, love the article. I've posted it and credited you as the author at the bottom with a link to your blog. Let me know if you have anything else you'd like to post. Thanks!

No problems - thanks for crediting :)

i wouldnt mind being the sports journo Wave

Quote: Mungo Dunno @ May 3 2013, 8:38 AM BST

i wouldnt mind being the sports journo Wave

Glad to hear you're interested. If you'd be able to write something up, and email it to me at contact@dailybull.co.uk I'll give it a read and see what I think. Then, if you'd like to become a regular contributor I can set you up with an account on the site and you'll be able to submit articles for review whenever you like. :)

i also write a lot of sport, mainly football, related spoofs. Drop you one in a couple of days. Do you have a space/page for 'breaking news' one-liners?

Quote: radiogagger @ May 3 2013, 5:29 PM BST

i also write a lot of sport, mainly football, related spoofs. Drop you one in a couple of days. Do you have a space/page for 'breaking news' one-liners?

That would be great. And no not yet, although I intend to set up something of that sort soon!