Sitcom Script Workshop opportunity

Got a good script? Tony Humphries of Talent TV would like to see it...

"Each year I run an Entertainment Master Class Comedy module ( www.entertainment-masterclass.tv ) for five days and one of the sessions is a 'live' script editing session chaired by comedy producer Humphrey Barclay along with Geoff Posner and German producer Christian Munder. For this session, we usually need a single sit com script and a writer (or writers) who are interested in having their script evaluated and are happy to come to participate in the session, this year in Cologne the first week of June. Actually on Thursday 6th June to be precise! Travel and accommodation are covered and there is the opportunity to network and of course get some challenging input on a script.

The idea is that the script is not already perfect (so needs some work) but does not need so much work that it is a non-starter. It has to be a two way street where the session is not only useful to the writer but has enough to do on it that it makes an interesting session for the 20 to 30 participants interested in finding out more about how a comedy script is edited and developed.

Humphrey Barclay leads the process of selecting the script and we are now looking for a script for this year. So if you have a script or know any writers that might be interested in submitting a script for consideration, then please email them to me. The only thing is that the writer has to turn up on the day (actually the night or day before when they can also sit in on other sessions) to participate in person if their script is selected.

In the last couple of years, scripts submitted but that have NOT made the session have been optioned by me (Talent Television) and by Jimmy Mulville (Hat Trick) so there are also side benefits if a script is too good!

Look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Tony"

I looked up the website and it's slightly confusing as it makes it sound like you have to pay 4,000 Euros to go. But obviously if your script is chosen it's a free day out to Cologne.

Cologne eh? something smells suspect.

That is literally the worst day for me. Bollocks.

Dan

What precisely is happening to your bollocks on that day....?

Quote: sootyj @ April 16 2013, 10:49 AM BST

What precisely is happening to your bollocks on that day....?

sootyj, sometimes you are the funniest funster in all of funland! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Hi Anorak,

Is there a particular email address to send scripts to?

Cheers.

And how long does the script have to be?

I have had a scout around the website; there doesn't seem to be a link to this opportunity, just the application form to attend the cologne masterclass. I am simply guessing that a completed 30 min script is what they are after? I'm ready to submit, just not sure where to?