What pets do you have? Page 5

Turtle. Aaadvark. Couple of gnus and a duck billed platypus. Called Eric.

Surely you have a Cuckoo.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd April 2022, 3:30 PM

Surely you have a Cuckoo.

I did have Stephen a long time ago.

Sadly he died on the last ever flight of Concorde where he was unexpectedly poisoned by Russian agents.

Novichok apparently.

I found a cat today that had been missing for a month
It had been posted on the local facebook group so I said I'd keep an eye out for it as the owners only live round the corner and I walk quite a lot around the area
The owners were understandably overjoyed and relieved, so i was very pleased to be walking in the right place at the right time, and that the cat was hungry and trusting enough to come over to me when I called it

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 7th June 2022, 9:21 PM

It had been posted on the local facebook group so I said I'd keep an eye out for it as the owners only live round the corner and I walk quite a lot around the area
The owners were understandably overjoyed and relieved, so i was very pleased to be walking in the right place at the right time, and that the cat was hungry and trusting enough to come over to me when I called it

How lovely.

All of Don's efforts to make forum members more sensitive are now truly paying off.

Happy ending and the cat is probably tucked up right now and not going anywhere. As in relaxing on the warm windowsill with the catflap locked not being cheated at Brag by kidnappers in a derelict warehouse.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th June 2022, 11:05 PM

Happy ending and the cat is probably tucked up right now and not going anywhere. As in relaxing on the warm windowsill with the catflap locked not being cheated at Brag by kidnappers in a derelict warehouse.

Absolutely

The owners came round today with some gifts
I said not to as I was just happy to see the poor girl safe, but also I wasn't going to give back the flowers chocolates and champagne without a fight

It was Veuve Clicquot for heavens sake
They were so happy and grateful it brought a tear to my eye, but I'd have felt the same the other way round

A lovely gesture but to them they can never get close to what you did for them by re-uniting a missed family member. Chocs and booze is always a good start.

Aww! Excellent work!
I read my local FB too much, and am now suspicious that every new cat I see might be lost.

Good work on finding the cat, Sunshine. Although this bit-

I I walk quite a lot around the area

-sounds quite sinister.

Haha
It's my daily excercise 20,000 step target
Working from home means I don't get much excercise unless I force myself to

I have a Cane Corso (dog) and a Turkish Angora (cat).
They both are amazing, but of course, the dog requires more time and care.