Hello from me..

Hi all

Have finally got round to posting on this marvellous website.

I've been looking around the web for a few years to find a website like this. Very informative it is.

I'm just another budding writer but also someone who finds it difficult to even stay focused and write anything down.

I suppose I'm looking for some advice and tips on the usual steps of getting started.

Best I've ever achieved is writing my own versions of my faveourite comedy - Only Fools. That was a fun way of getting started. I began my interest at around age 16. Ten years on and I'm still not making a great deal of progress.

I have that burning desire to write despite not sitting down for any longer than 20 minutes (at a time) to be staring at only a suggested title.

Anyway, I look forward to discussing many things with you all.

Cheers,

Griff

Hi Griff, welcome to the site. Wave

Cheers. :)

Welcome aboard.

Resisting temptation to say "Rock on, Tommy."

Damn.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ January 13 2013, 10:55 AM GMT

Cheers. :)

Haha. Go ahead. :)

I suppose you like John Sullivan's stuff.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ January 13 2013, 3:44 PM GMT

Haha. Go ahead. :)

Yes.

Just Good Friends/Citizen Smith/OFAH etc.

I think The Green Green Grass would have been a bigger hit if he'd written it in the 90s.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ January 13 2013, 4:32 PM GMT

I think The Green Green Grass would have been a bigger hit if he'd written it in the 90s.

Although Boycie is my favourite secondary character from OFAH I think The Green Green Grass is by far inferior to its mothership show. Unfortunately.

I haven't seen Dear John yet. I'm very curious to check it out.

I rate Dear John.... higher than OFAH. See it as soon as you can.

Welcome Tommy Wave

Hi Will!

I was extremely gutted to understand (with confirmation) that John Sullivan had written a further Christmas special - Del's 65th Birthday would have been the main storyline.

This had been a rumour for a while, where Sir David Jason himself confirmed.

:-( I know the last 3 specials were far off the standard most of us expect for OFAH, but it would still have been bloody brilliant to see it back again!