Outnumbered Christmas Episode 2012

I looked for a thread on this but went back a lot of pages and couldn't find it. I do know there is a thread somewhere. Tonight it is the most boring sitcom' I have ever seen; how it is classed as a sitcom I will never know.....boring

I thought it was very funny - though the voice breaking is a problem and the girl is looking too grown up.

And if you put it in as one word - Outnumbered - you'd have found loads of threads.

No still can't find it Chappers. Merry Christmas xx

I thought it was brilliant!

The girl doesn't look too grown up! They have to actually age you know, it ain't the Simpsons.

I absolutely didn't even chuckle and couldn't get any of the humour. I then watched Mrs Browns Boys and laughed till I collapsed

Ah, I was the opposite. ;)

Loved that episode, best festive special so far.

Better than Mrs Brown, though I enjoyed that too.

How strange humour is and subjective x

Also the guy in it that was in Lark Rise to Candleford and in the jewfish dinner sitcom. Drives me wild. I can't recall his name but he is the most annoying character to me aagghhhh.

Quote: bushbaby @ December 25 2012, 1:16 AM GMT

jewfish

Lol, you've invented a new word!
Mark Heap's the fellow you mean.

It's this bliddy iPad it seems to spell what it wants lol

I really quite enjoyed the show, but it wasn't as funny as it used to be. Plenty of wit in the writing but the kids don't have that spark of outrageous spontaneity any longer. The humour comes from a different place now.

I agree Aaron about the humour coming from a different place, the show has had to change as the children have got older. Still thought it was a very strong episode.

Quote: bushbaby @ December 25 2012, 1:16 AM GMT

jewfish

That doesn't sound kosher to me. ;)

Just watched it on Catchup, thought it was entertaining and reasonably good. I like Claire Skinner in it always, her performance is nicely understated and you don't notice how funny she is until after she's made you smile. I always liked her character best. I enjoyed the story about the recovering TV weatherman, wasn't so keen on the Mark Heap menage a trois bit. Is Mr. Heap (of whom I have such fond Big Train memories) getting a bit limited in middle age or are folk just typecasting him lazily? I get the feeling I've seen him playing the same character in other shows. I might be wrong.

The children getting older has made it different. The Jake boy seems to be growing into a proper actor, although his youth means that he has mostly only had the chance to play the teenage brother, but I think he might end up being quite versatile. Not so sure about the younger children. The Karen character was such a central part of the show when it started, with her odd world view and haughty manner, but it obviously had to change, and her haughtiness seems different in an older Karen - no longer so quaint, a bit harder edged - and she seemed to be featured in it less.