Hello!

I am from Romania and since... I don't know... my first view of Father Ted I've became addicted to English and only English comedy. I've put here all that I liked the most: http://www.imdb.com/list/rKCUcGbfu_A/

Cheers!

Not too bad a list, ionsimi. Welcome. :)

Wave Hello!

Thanks!

Hi ionsimi! Wave

Hi Gordon! funny signature. Even if I did not managed to like Only Fools & Horses. I don't know why.

Hi ionsimi! Welcome to the forum :)

Hello ionsimi. What's your name about?

My name. A shortcut to it. How can you read it: ion = John simi = see me(as sounds). If I have to write more I might get too personal.

What's yours about?

Ah, so is Ion pronounced like John?
Mine's my initials :)

Ion is not pronounced like John. John means in my language. I don't know how to make you understand the way it's pronounced. simi is see me. :) Regarding the use of initials, since my 7th grade almost everybody I know used to call me Sia. S.I.A.
So you have four names?

Yeah, I should've chosen a better online name, I didn't really think about it! There are interesting variations on how people pronounce it when we have meet-ups.

So what's the comedy scene like in Romania?

Comedy scene? I don't even joke about it. Since the year 2000 I quit my cable payments. In Romania only stupid people are stars. Stupid and cheap. I won't say any hard words but they start with "w". As I use to say, in Romania it's not hard to appear on screen but to stay out of it. All that I know is from the internet and books.
To pronounce your name? Something like "age ago"?

Quote: ionsimi @ November 29 2012, 2:22 PM GMT

Comedy scene? I don't even joke about it. Since the year 2000 I quit my cable payments. In Romania only stupid people are stars. Stupid and cheap. I won't say any hard words but they start with "w". As I use to say, in Romania it's not hard to appear on screen but to stay out of it. All that I know is from the internet and books.

Replace the word Romania with Switzerland and you know everything about the Swiss comedy scene.
By the way, my parents are from Hungary, ionsimi. So we have a little bit of a connection here.