Grownups - Series 2 Page 3

Great review Cheesey Peas. Definatley agree with everything you said. I think the BBC were scared of Nickson going somewhere else so they have indulged her new project, Grownups, but I would be very surprised if it gets another series.

Is that who he is? I seem to remember hating him for not being Jeff.

Oh Jeff-from-Coupling. Where for art thou?
I miss him. :(

Married 'n' stuff, but still appearing on stage and screen, it seems: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0185404/

Quote: Aaron @ August 7, 2007, 12:54 AM

Married 'n' stuff, but still appearing on stage and screen, it seems: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0185404/

*reads*

:O

He's not even WELSH?!

Apparently not. But then, that's true of the best of us. Cool

Don't say that out loud!

Will the bad miners come and get me? :O

No, just the bad slaggs.
They must be from mining stock though, being Welsh... ;)

Growns ups - Guy from Hollyoaks who is now the barmen = wanker

Sorry. It needed to be said.

I watched my first ever episode last night, series two.
Pure shite. utter utter shite.

Quote: jacparov @ August 7, 2007, 7:03 PM

I watched my first ever episode last night, series two.
Pure shite. utter utter shite.

Whilst you're unlikely to think much better of it, it's probably worse for you, not having seen any of series one; thinking back to it, there was no real re-establishment of the situation and dynamics between the characters, which was the driving force of the show. Whilst it's not brilliant comedy, there's a bit more there if one has had a better introduction, I think.

Like I said though, it's still not brilliant.

Fair comment.

One of the reasons i don't like it is because the writer seems to have three locations and four characters in her entire vocabulary.

Home, work, pub.
loverble loser, sexually confused, sexually promiscous barman/woman, odd person.

Like i said, shite.

I'm looking for the first series as a download. Doe anyone know where I could find it? I've found it on mininova, but I can't get it to kick start. Thanks to anyone who can provide me with the information i desire.

If you frown against that sort of thing (I mean downloading TV shows that are available on DVD not the show itself) then ignore this request, i'm sorry.

*cough cough cough* Angelic

Quote: jacparov @ August 8, 2007, 8:23 PM

One of the reasons i don't like it is because the writer seems to have three locations ...

Home, work, pub.

Do you mean in every show she's done, or just talking in terms of Grownups?

every show shes done, that i know of anyway. :D