8 Out Of 10 Cats - Series 14

Has anybody here been watching series fourteen? I've been watching every week so far, and I gotta say, it's still as good as ever.

Agreed.

Sean Lock is the funniest guy on TV right now, and Jon Richardson's really established himself.

One of my favourite things on. Thinking about it, it's probably my favourite panel show after WILTY.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ November 5 2012, 7:29 PM GMT

One of my favourite things on. Thinking about it, it's probably my favourite panel show after WILTY.

*nods furiously in agreement*

I've only recently got into the show, but also thoroughly enjoying it.

This week's show was pretty good, I didn't know either people on Sean's team, but the Canadian guy seemed pretty funny. Sean and Jon were just as good as ever... I think one of the main reasons why this show does so well is because the team captains do a great job at making the show funny even when none of the guests are.

They inserted a trailer for Twilight into the programme.
Come on, now!

They did it with Skyfall last week. I'm wondering whether the product placement rules have changed when I wasn't looking.

Miss a lot of these shows.
Still very funny, good value from the three main artists, but not always great with the guests.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 12 2012, 10:17 PM GMT

They did it with Skyfall last week. I'm wondering whether the product placement rules have changed when I wasn't looking.

I didn't notice so much with the Skyfall trailer because people have genuinely been going on and on about that movie coming out, but they really had to crowbar the Twilight trailer into the show. I think Jimmy Carr needs to see more movies if he genuinely thought that looked 'awesome' (as he said repeatedly).

There has to be some kind of marketing deal going on here... 8 Out Of 10 Cats never used to show stuff like that. I thought it was really weird how they had the Skyfall thing in last week (2 clips no less!) and now this... plus Jimmy stressing how awesome it looks... He must be getting paid to say that.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ November 14 2012, 3:52 AM GMT

There has to be some kind of marketing deal going on here...

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me. I think C4 are having financial problems and are obviously trying to sort them out a bit this way.

Look for the letter "P" in opening credits of shows. It means Product Placement.

I had absolutely no idea that symbol existed. So now we get adverts in the actual programmes now? It's one thing to have the talent drink Coca-Cola on a show, it's another to stop everything and just play a trailer! Another reason to just curl up with Auntie Beeb.