Official BCG Christmas drinks - 7th December Page 22

What's with all this Keith lard bullshit? 'The rules were clearly given'. Lol.

You can keep your photos private if you want but it's a bit strange and mental keeping them from other forum members since they are the only people interested in looking at them.

As for feeling free to object to you taking my photo in future - thanks for your advice. I'll make sure I'm in every shot you take. :D

For real?

Godot did a 'lol'. The Mayan prophecy is coming to pass.

It's perfectly reasonable for people to want to have some measure of control over photos of themselves online. Particularly on an open forum like this. The very existence of a password is surely an indication that the photos are only supposed to be viewed by certain people?

I blame Ruby-Mae for all this photo secrecy.

I'm usually the first to get in a photo-related huff but I secretly suspect Godot didn't try those passwords in real life.

Also, I don't know what a pith helmet is but I'm resisting investigating cos I have some delightful possibilities in my brain and shall be most sad to have to discard them.

I hope you're imagining them made from the white stuff in satsumas.

Isn't a pith helmet one of those safari/hunter hat type things?

No pictures of AJGO and Ben. I think. Why? We smoked a cigar together. It was like art.

Quote: zooo @ December 12 2012, 6:43 PM GMT

I hope you're imagining them made from the white stuff in satsumas.

Yes! Laughing out loud
With satsuma pips at intersections holding it together, and for frullets (fruity bullets) to ricochet off of

Quote: Ben @ December 12 2012, 6:44 PM GMT

No pictures of AJGO and Ben. I think. Why? We smoked a cigar together. It was like art.

Our pairing is only suitable for black and white photos as befits such art.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 12 2012, 5:40 PM GMT

What's with all this Keith lard bullshit? 'The rules were clearly given'. Lol.

You can keep your photos private if you want but it's a bit strange and mental keeping them from other forum members since they are the only people interested in looking at them.

As for feeling free to object to you taking my photo in future - thanks for your advice. I'll make sure I'm in every shot you take. :D

Sigh, as I've explained before, it isn't me that wants them private, I don't care who sees my face, I just don't have permission from all the attendees to show their pics, so I make the mechanism (password) so that only the attendees can see them. Same applied to you at that meeting long ago.

Quote: Ben @ December 12 2012, 6:44 PM GMT

Isn't a pith helmet one of those safari/hunter hat type things?

Have another look.

I meant of AJGO and I in the same shot. Unless I missed that. I can't get on the site now. It's taking too long to respond etc...

Quote: Harridan @ December 12 2012, 6:35 PM GMT

It's perfectly reasonable for people to want to have some measure of control over photos of themselves online. Particularly on an open forum like this. The very existence of a password is surely an indication that the photos are only supposed to be viewed by certain people?

You should take it as a compliment Harri. There are people out there so interested in your on-line persona that they will try and hack into a website to see photos of you. :D

In Godot's defence, he's been to meets before, and would have been there on Friday if he'd known that there was going to be such a good turn out.

I nearly didn't come myself, but when I saw the final list of attendees I knew I'd be missing out on a good night, so I made an effort.

I don't actually mind that much, but some people do. I was just explaining that

I understand, but on my quest to meet more BCG members than Bussell it helps if they've hacked Bills photos so they recognise me when I turn up in Outer Mongolia.

Quote: Ben @ December 13 2012, 9:03 PM GMT

I meant of AJGO and I in the same shot. Unless I missed that. I can't get on the site now. It's taking too long to respond etc...

Sorry about that. My broadband went down today for no obvious reason around 2:30 pm and I did not get it fully functional again until about 11:30 pm.