The Big Fat Quiz Of The Decade Page 2

What was Mr Blobby in?

OUR HEARTS.

He first appeared on Saturday night entertainment extravaganza Noel's House Party.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2012, 2:00 PM BST

OUR HEARTS.

He first appeared on Saturday night entertainment extravaganza Noel's House Party.

Extravaganza!!! did you ever actually see that bilge.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2012, 2:00 PM BST

OUR HEARTS.

Sounds interesting. We had a Saturday night variety show here when I was growing up, it had a ostrich puppet and another that was the back of a head. They were fairly tame.

Think I will be dreaming of a pink blob tonight.

Was the ostrich Rod Hull and Emu?

Quote: Pingl @ September 25 2012, 2:17 PM BST

Extravaganza!!! did you ever actually see that bilge.

Despite the lack of a question mark, I will assume that's an actual question.

I did. I loved it. I wish it was still on - or at least something very much in its vein.

Anyway, that's beside the point. 'Extravaganza' denotes the type of programme, not its quality.

Jack Whitehall was on top form I thought.

And yes, Blobby was hilarious

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2012, 2:34 PM BST

Despite the lack of a question mark, I will assume that's an actual question.

I did. I loved it. I wish it was still on - or at least something very much in its vein.

Anyway, that's beside the point. 'Extravaganza' denotes the type of programme, not its quality.

Extravaganza does not describe Noel's House Party, look it up in the dictionary, tragedy would be a more reasonable discription

While you're there, look up description. ;)

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2012, 2:46 PM BST

While you're there, look up description. ;)

its a fair cop :D

Quote: zooo @ September 25 2012, 2:28 PM BST

Was the ostrich Rod Hull and Emu?

Nope. It was a Australian Show called "Hey Hey it's Saturday". It was on in various forms from the early 70's untill about 1999.

Wish they would show the Big quiz over here, I'm not to hopeful, we only started to get QI about 3 years ago

Quote: Pingl @ September 25 2012, 2:56 PM BST

its a fair cop :D

Hehe!

Quote: reds @ September 25 2012, 2:56 PM BST

Nope. It was a Australian Show called "Hey Hey it's Saturday". It was on in various forms from the early 70's untill about 1999.

Ah. Hopefully it wasn't as scary as Emu.

Quote: Pingl @ September 25 2012, 2:42 PM BST

Extravaganza does not describe Noel's House Party, look it up in the dictionary

I have. An "elaborate and spectacular entertainment or production". Sounds pretty much like Noel's House Party to me. A varied selection of games, stunts, sketches, celebrity guests, etc. Yet again I point out that it makes no allusion as to the quality of the programme.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2012, 3:31 PM BST

I have. An "elaborate and spectacular entertainment or production". Sounds pretty much like Noel's House Party to me. A varied selection of games, stunts, sketches, celebrity guests, etc. Yet again I point out that it makes no allusion as to the quality of the programme.

a musical or dramatic composition or production, as comic opera or musical comedy, marked by a loose structure, a frivolous theme, and elaborate costuming and staging.
any lavish or opulent show, event, assemblage, etc.: an extravaganza of new housewares on the twelfth floor.

Opulent? Lavish?

Tragedy (Ancient Greek: τραγῳδία, tragōidia, "he-goat-song"[1]) is a form of drama based on human suffering that invokes in its audience an accompanying catharsis or pleasure in the viewing

Spectacular???

Don't worry I'm just bother causing. As my wife is always telling me I get an unnatural pleasure out of winding people up...I just can't stand that gnome bearded moron Noel 'Bloody' Edmunds.

Quote: Pingl @ September 25 2012, 2:42 PM BST

Extravaganza does not describe Noel's House Party, look it up in the dictionary, tragedy would be a more reasonable discription

Don't you ever, EVER bad mouth the house party again. EVER.