British Comedy Guide

The Colbert Report Page 2

For those interested, the series is to be start being shown in the UK on 6 May on FX.

You guys don't have the Report? That sucks.

Sounds a bit Yank-centric.

Quote: Curt @ April 16 2008, 8:05 PM BST

You guys don't have the Report? That sucks.

You can watch it on the web, but not on TV. However, like I said, it is moving next month. Strangely, FX is owned by Fox, the media organisation Colbert mocks the most.

Quote: Aaron @ April 16 2008, 8:08 PM BST

Sounds a bit Yank-centric.

Well, it is about a bit Yank-centric, but that's mainly because the kind of people Colbert mocks (TV political pundits) don't really exist in Britain.

Tonight's Colbert Report, Colbert put up a new issue on his "Notice Board" (A board he uses to let those he is upset with know that they "are on notice"). I noticed that he still has "The British Empire" up on the board. I remember him putting it on notice but I can't remember what for? Anyone remember?
It's the 3rd from the bottom:

Edited: I guess I missed the Toronto Raptors one also, I wonder why our basketball team got on Laughing out loud

Probably for disintegrating.

I've just watched the latest episode. If you can get Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards to appear on the same episode of your show, less than a week before an important election that could ultimately decide the fate of the country, you must be one major influence.

The fate of the country is, basically, if Obama wins the Democrat race, then McCain may as well start ordering his new furniture.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 18 2008, 11:31 AM BST

I've just watched the latest episode. If you can get Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards to appear on the same episode of your show, less than a week before an important election that could ultimately decide the fate of the country, you must be one major influence.

Laughing out loud I couldn't believe it either. The popularity of Colbert astonishes me some times.

Quote: Aaron @ April 18 2008, 11:36 AM BST

The fate of the country is, basically, if Obama wins the Democrat race, then McCain may as well start ordering his new furniture.

A new poll just came out that showed 15% of Americans still think Obama is a Muslim. It also showed that 8% of whites would not vote for just because he is black.

Says it all really.

This is spiraling down to a final episode this Thursday.

Stephen will be leaving the show as he will be taking David Letterman's spot at the Late Show next year.

The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore (senior correspondent Daily Show correspondent) will be taking it's place as a 30 minute late night daily talk show after the Daily Show.