The Colbert Report

Has anyone ever seen this? I saw clips from the website and it seemed great to me.

The Colbert Report (pronounced with silent "T's") is a spin-off to The Daily Show. It features Stephen Colbert playing a version of himself, as a right-wing politcal pundit. Like The Daily Show, it satirises politics and the media, but it is mainly about Colbert's character, who is discribed as a, "well-intentioned, poorly informed, high-status idiot." Just think Alan Partridge.

The show is most noted for creating the word Truthiness meaning, "to describe things that a person claims to know intuitively or "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or actual facts."

Offical website, with video clips

Wikipedia article

I like this alot, the interview section is always good value.

Colbert is a f**king legend!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879

I've just found this web petition to get The Colbert Report in the UK. It currently has over 100 signatures on it. I've signed it.

Link to petition

I've just heard that the American's are releasing a DVD of the best of The Colbert Report for 6 November.

Story from Breitbart.com

A "Global Edition" of The Colbert Report has been commissioned, hoping to follow on from the success of The Daily Show: Global Edition. So, the chances of the show being shown in Britain have now increased.

Story from Variety

Quote: ajp29 @ July 21, 2007, 9:08 PM

I have to agree with that.

Although I've not seen a full show of the report I've watched many of his clips online and seen a fair bit of the Daily show. Roasting the president was great.

Seen a few eps, not as good as the Daily Show but I think you need have to seen some shows like The O'Reilly Factor to appreciate it.

I heard he's running for president as a Democrat and Republican.

He's running in the Democratic Primary in South Carolina (its like the Liberal Democrat leadership election but with more money and human candidates)

Democrats and Republicans. I always thought they should be named according to how they want to use the African American population, the Lynchies and the Voteees.

I like Colbert and, as I watch Real Time alot on YouTube, know what he's satirisng most of the time.

Quote: Pilot @ November 4, 2007, 2:02 AM

I heard he's running for president as a Democrat and Republican.

It's over already. He tried to get into the Democratic (South Carolina) Primaries (you have to pay 2500 USD), but the committee rejected his application. He didn't apply for the Republican thingy, because there he would have had to pay 35000 USD.

Things like that really only work in Germany, I guess. Happened thrice in a row now.
The Americans take politics way too seriously.

For those who haven't yet seen it: You must watch Colbert's speech at the White House
Correspondents' Diner (to be found on youtube).

°Finck

Quote: Finck @ November 4, 2007, 10:44 AM

For those who haven't yet seen it: You must watch Colbert's speech at the White House
Correspondents' Diner (to be found on youtube).

°Finck

Quote: ajp29 @ July 21, 2007, 9:08 PM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879

@ajp29

Hupsi. Sorry.

This proves the inefficiency of division of labour. Someone posts a link, someone titles it and then it needs as many people to clear up the confusion. Now we only need to get the consultants in.

Well, actually, it's my fault entirely. And look what a nice long off-topic post I've made out of it.

°Finck

Laughing out loud No worries. As long as everyone watches the link i'll be happy :)

"Some people say this administraion is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Thats ridiculous, this administration is soaring. If anything its rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg." Steven Colbert

For those interested, his speech is printed in his book, I Am America (And So Can You!)

Ohhhh man I laughed so hard watching last nights episode. Colbert is in Philadelphia in search of touching something "Founding fathery". If you get a chance watch this episode it's a good example of how funny and ballsy the guy really is.