The Inbetweeners US

Just seen the trailer for this at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCaEijMx3U

Didn't think it looked too bad really, but appears to be following pretty much the UK scripts scene for scene. A shame for UK fans which is perhaps why the trailer has so many 'dislikes' on YouTube.

Looks a lot more glamorous than the UK version too which I think will detract from the hellish normality of UK teen life that it captured over here. I'll watch it, though, as the performances looked decent and, if they start doing their own scripts, could develop quite nicely.

It looks horrible. It looks like a shitty teen movie packed with every single teen movie cliche. Does the world realy need another scene with bikini clad 'teenagers' washing cars? Slow motion hair flicks and cheerleaders and jocks wearing their uniforms all the time? yawn yawn yawn

It did seem very filmic, yes.

Is that the same exact car?

Can't really tell the difference between two of those boys.

Quote: Harridan @ July 19 2012, 11:05 PM BST

Does the world realy need another scene with bikini clad 'teenagers' washing cars?

Could watch it on loop. On f**kin' loop I tells ya!

I just watched the frisbee clip of the UK one to cleanse my mind.
(As all the commenters also did.)

It looks more like Superbad: The New Class to me; I don't think I'll be watching.

It looks fine enough. When it moves away from just replicating the British scripts and finds its feet, maybe it'll become its own show, like the American Office.

The trailer itself was pretty badly put together.

It looks horrible. It looks like a shitty teen movie packed with every single teen movie cliche. Does the world realy need another scene with bikini clad 'teenagers' washing cars? Slow motion hair flicks and cheerleaders and jocks wearing their uniforms all the time? yawn yawn yawn

Harridan, I could only agree with you more if you started swearing like a Macc Lad.

To quote Roger Mellie: "It boils my piss, Tom!"

(The MTV rewrite that is. Not Harridan not swearing like a Macc Lad).

Usually like to give things a go, but yes that looks woeful. I thought the whole point of Inbetweeners was that it was a funny British take on a really shitty US genre.

This starts tonight in the U.S.

MTV has a reasonable track record with comedies... Wonder Showzen, The State, the first series of RJ Burger, Human Giant, Warren the Ape, etc.

I'm sure many people will kick it too bits, but this is a different show, it doesn't affect the show they love, even if this is cack.

It has become obviosuly a lot more like 'American Pie' and seemingly doesn't use uncomfortable and cringey devices to the same level. But everyone complains about how America has ruined it, and for me the weak movie and poor final season made me fall away from the series.

It was pretty middle of the road... I don't know if the actors are quite as likable as the British cast. The thing that annoyed me the most was the couple of beeped swears. That annoyed me almost as much as the little zoom-ins the original series featured so heavily... which were thankfully absent.

I read the review on the first page from The Telegraph.. that dude is way off the mark. Of course he thinks a 2 minute teaser is a pilot... clearly a noob to TV.