Fun with LEGO Page 29

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 18 2013, 1:05 PM GMT

Their procedures and practices are ingrained in the thinking of people of a certain age and culture.

Indeed. I was going to suggest that you were just incredibly old, but didn't want to offend. Cool

Anyway, I love the idea of using Lego in a comic strip. Which was part of why I mentioned it in the first place.

Hot potato.

Yeah, I did wonder about the four/six pictures photo booth, but I didn't think it was a giant leap. I'll know better next time. :D

You're just a very controversial artist. The Tracey Emin of the Lego world, if you will. Deal with it!

:D

Really enjoying these Nil.
Especially like the photo booth one ;)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 18 2013, 12:21 PM GMT

The first thing you should notice is that the frames 'go down' 'rather than along' as they would in a printed strip. Admittedly there are more than the usual four of a photostrip but you would still question why the creator has put them one below the other rather than side by side.

There is also no progression of action as there would be in a comic strip - the figure remains in the centre of the frame in each shot with the same background - indicating he is not moving - and finally he becomes angry when spidey sticks his head into the frame - why? Because he's spoiled the photo. You might say: 'I thought he just got angry.', which is fine but also shows that you do not think about cause and effect or the reasons behind actions and events.

Many people have weak visual awareness and weak visual reasoning. You can't tell them this however - they believe they see what you see and they will argue their opinion is just as valid or even more so.

Er no, I just didn't have my glasses on, Godot. I actually thought there was a fire in the background which was the cause of his stress/anger and Neil had decided to do a close up comic strip shoot to capture his transformation. I didn't see Spiderman because I thought that must be the fire engine pulling up. Huh?

Ha.

Changes subject...

Do you have a similar Fun with Meccano sister site?

Quote: AlanC @ February 18 2013, 8:41 PM GMT

Meccano sister

Aw, like scissor sisters for awkward people

I did have some of that as a child, but that would be (Not As Much) Fun with Meccano, in my experience.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 18 2013, 8:44 PM GMT

I did have some of that as a child, but that would be (Not As Much) Fun with Meccano, in my experience.

I built a 4ft model car with 4 speed gear box and a working differential when I was a kid. That was a lot of fun!

My dad nicked most of mine to mend things around the house. Might be something to do with it.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 18 2013, 8:47 PM GMT

My dad nicked most of mine to mend things around the house. Might be something to do with it.

I can see how that would kill the mood. Eating your dinner with meccano is not fun!

Ooh. Old Lego plans. http://letsbuilditagain.com/ http://www.brickfactory.info/year/index.html
<3

:)

Creature From The Black Lagoon B&W

Colour version (sneak peak).