Is BBC 2 comedy dead? Page 3

Kath & Kim is hilarious.

Quote: ajp29 @ July 21, 2007, 9:13 PM

I love the bits when they do an really poor joke and for a second noone laughs. It must be scary for the comedians. I wonder if they know what subjects are coming up because it looks improvised (not proper improv cause the just rehash old material). I didn't like the blond guy when he first appeared but hes growing on me and yes I didn't like him because he was good looking Laughing out loud

Do you mean Russell Howard, the squinty one?
I must agree, he is strangely handsome. :)

Quote: ajp29 @ July 19, 2007, 4:53 PM

Well if BBC2 comedy is dead then Channel4 comedy is fossilised. I think we should be thankful that Channel4 hasn't completely given up on comedy, IT Crowd, Man to Man, 8OOTCs, but they do seem to be taking the easier option and importing US comedies. Now Curb has finished I think I would like to see another series of Lead Balloon because if you can get over the fact its a Curb rip off then it is very funny.

Curb hasn't finished. Season 6 starts in October, and Steve Coogan is in it, playing a psychiatrist I think. :)

What! I thought the heaven episode was the last ever one. Thats brilliant news yay!

Quote: ajp29 @ July 23, 2007, 3:24 AM

What! I thought the heaven episode was the last ever one. Thats brilliant news yay!

No, there was talks of it been the last but Larry wanted to do a Sixth, there is talk of this been the last series ever though.

Quote: zooo @ July 21, 2007, 10:36 PM

Do you mean Russell Howard, the squinty one?
I must agree, he is strangely handsome. :)

He's absolutely hilarious. The stuff that gets cut out of MTW is criminal.