Funniest British and Irish Comedians of all Time Page 3

In alphabetical order only, I think the top dozen of the 108 names on that list should be:

Dave Allen
Frankie Boyle
Jo Brand
Russell Brand
Jimmy Carr
Billy Connolly
Peter Cook
Ricky Gervais
Eddie Izzard
Peter Kay
Stewart Lee
Victoria Wood

Quote: Overlay @ May 27 2012, 11:26 AM BST

Bit of a waste of time, lists like this. They always end up being too contemporary because people are crap. Dave Allen and Billy Connolly not being in the top five is a disgrace.

Same with pop music polls in cheap lifestyle magazines. Half of the top tens are filled with useless casting "stars" nobody cares for in six months. Such lists are utter CRAP!!!!
This list tells us that if you're involved with Ricky Gervais in any way you have a good chance to end up in the top ten at the moment.

1. Dara Ó Briain
2. Dylan Moran
3. Frankie Boyle

But, seriously, Dara is the best!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 27 2012, 7:09 PM BST

Same with pop music polls in cheap lifestyle magazines. Half of the top tens are filled with useless casting "stars" nobody cares for in six months. Such lists are utter CRAP!!!!
This list tells us that if you're involved with Ricky Gervais in any way you have a good chance to end up in the top ten at the moment.

Spot on, Gordon.

Besides, everyone knows it's a toss-up between Bobby Davro and the Chuckle Brothers.

Brendan O'Carroll or Peter Kay

Sick I assume you are aged 13 or 14. It's the only excuse of youth that could possibly justify this nonsense.

Quote: nyenye @ September 11 2012, 8:29 PM BST

Sick I assume you are aged 13 or 14. It's the only excuse of youth that could possibly justify this nonsense.

Here, here, well said Sir.

And Tommy Tiernan, Dylan Moran, Sean Hughes. There are tons of brilliant Irish comics!

Dylan Moran, Dara O'Briain and Ed Byrne are all in my top five. Dara probably being my favourite standup of all.

Yeah definitely, I even prefer him to Dylan Moran.

Lily Savage will always be my fav! Not Paul O Grady - just Lily ;)

Quote: zooo @ April 30 2012, 1:41 PM BST

There doesn't seem to be Victoria Wood, Jennifer Saunders or Dawn French. Or Miranda.

Well in that case I ain't bothering! Hands up for reruns of dinnerladies. Wave

How has Rick Grevais got over 4000 votes :O
He is probably the LEAST funny person I have ever seen and he is just ridiculously annoying

Michael McIntyre is without doubt the funniest British comedian (if not the world), He never fails to crack me up and the only thing I don't like about the comedy roadshow is that he has to introduce other people. Should be higher than 8th

Rowan atkinson should be higher as should Lee Mac seen him live a couple of times and he is amazing, SOOOO underrated

I'm not bothered as I'm not that big a fan, but very surprised that Frankie Boyle isn't higher

my Top 5
1. Michael McIntyre
2. Dara o Briain
= Lee Mack
Rhod Gilbert (forgot about him in my last post- defo should be MUCH higher
David Jason

Russell Howard is a guaranteed laugh, probably not the all time best but still.

David Jason isn't a comedian is he? Just an actor. I saw a few other people who aren't comedians either when I scrolled through that list (Richard Wilson?!).