3D Comedy

This very website has announced that the BBC is going to produce a comedy in 3D.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000794/bbc_developing_3d_comedy_drama/

(Oh...it's already been given the 'comedy drama' tag...which means there won't be any comedy in it)

Anyway....any ideas what 3D comedy would look like? The only thing I can imagine is Miranda throwing soft toys at the viewer. Forever.

Thoughts?

I kind of liked Miranda but I think if they did it in 3D I would find it too gimmicky.

I'm not a big fan of 3D but I'd probably watch something like The Mighty Boosh, Spaced or The IT Crowd. Something already a bit surreal, I think would make it less gimmicky. Not sure why I feel like that though as it would still be the same thing.

A curious project. I'm not completely convinced that the technology is yet refined enough for it to be anything other than an interesting gimmick - unless you go full on freaky cool sci-fi, a la Avatar.

Far too easy to be either ineffective, or too in your face '3D for 3D's sake'.

3D ruins things. People put more time and money into the technology rather then the writing or characters. Out of it we get a bland project with a visual factor that almost no one can enjoy in their own home. I.M.O. so far every 3D film eg Avatar and Tintin were so boring.

This is a bad idea, 3D is a gimmick. Spend this money on funding more starting writers and peformers. Also Miranda for me was just awful.

Edited by Aaron - spelling.

I don't see the point.
But I suppose we'll have to wait and see what they do with it.

The point is that they're experimenting with the new technology and seeing how - and if - they can make it work for them in the broadcast television medium. A lot of people wouldn't have seen the point when they first started experimenting with HD about a decade ago, but I don't think anyone argues against it now!

I wouldn't really miss HD if it weren't there though!

Yeah but that's 'cos you haven't got it yet! The improvement is far more subtle here than overseas - particularly in the US - but its popularity isn't groundless.

*shrug* I think one of my tellies has the HD channels. Is that what you mean? I just hardly ever watch them 'cos I don't care. (I am a girl.)

One of your TVs is capable of displaying HD pictures, but you've got nothing to receive or produce them at present.

Fr srs?
Anyway, sorry for the boring HD derailment.

Back to 3D!

No, no.

You two carry on ! I was quite enjoying that !

Laughing out loud

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 14 2012, 12:42 AM BST

You two carry on ! I was quite enjoying that !

I'm waiting for the 3D version of this forum....

And seeing as so much BBC comedy of late has been 1D, I'd be happy with some 2D comedy shows.

Amirightoramiright???

:D