Drinks Page 40

Quote: AJGO @ June 14 2012, 11:30 PM BST

Pah, Owlavatered and an Ottersista, you're in The Cliques

(But you really should make a drinks soon, because we heart you)

I've met Keewik, long ago in a meet of a far distant forum.

I went up to Manchester, she came down from Scotland.

So there's the solution - a mass meetup in Manchester. Otherwise I have to win the lottery to come to London for a drink.

Quote: keewik @ June 15 2012, 12:14 AM BST

So there's the solution - a mass meetup in Manchester. Otherwise I have to win the lottery to come to London for a drink.

I think you better keeping buying them scratch cards keewik, as Manchester is too far and too expensive for a lot of us London (and surrounds) based BCGers.

However, some folk might be going up for the Edinburgh Festival, so target them for some comedy drinks.

Quote: keewik @ June 15 2012, 12:14 AM BST

Don't be silly, London is the centre of the universe. The idea of us backwards northerners not going there is simply absurd.

This is where the Metrocentrics need to be (might cause nose bleeds at being so far North however) . .

http://www.oldjointstocktheatre.co.uk/rte.asp?id=10

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 15 2012, 12:36 AM BST

Don't be silly, London is the centre of the universe. The idea of us backwards northerners not going there is simply absurd.

At last. Now spread the word amongst the rest of your cave dwelling tribes. ;)

There are a lot of BCG regulars who live in or around London, makes sense as it's the largest and most populated city in the country with excellent transport links. The rest of you Northers are spread out over hundreds of miles of countryside, so having the drinks in London is both savvy and economical for a lot of people. Plus if we miss a train, we don't have to wait until the following Wednesday for another one.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 15 2012, 12:47 AM BST

This is where the Metrocentrics need to be (might cause nose bleeds at being so far North however) . .

http://www.oldjointstocktheatre.co.uk/rte.asp?id=10

I've been to Brum and it is going a step backwards from London, offering neither the charm of the countryside or the vibrancy of places like Newcastle. It am rubbish. ;)

Quote: Marc P @ June 14 2012, 10:30 PM BST

Yeah but.... Holborn. Come on guys its Soho or no ho!

Go for a walk? From memory cross the sreet at the front of Holborn station to the Sainsbury then walk up for a bit......just forgotten how far you need to go up or where you need to turn. I think it is a left turn somewhere?

Quote: reds @ June 15 2012, 12:27 PM BST

Go for a walk? From memory cross the sreet at the front of Holborn station to the Sainsbury then walk up for a bit......just forgotten how far you need to go up or where you need to turn. I think it is a left turn somewhere?

Yes it's not far :) There is a school of thought as expounded in somebody's book or other, that SoHo originally came from SOuth HOlborn.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 15 2012, 1:09 AM BST

It am rubbish. ;)

Oh, I agree. But that's a great pub !

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 15 2012, 12:59 PM BST

Oh, I agree. But that's a great pub !

It does look bloody lovely. I want to have a beer right now, but have to wait until the blooming England games starts. Grrr.

Hmm... what's happening on the 7th, this is the daytime one, right?

I'll come to the next one.

Incidentally and apropos the Joint Stock, London Pride is £3.55 a pint.

How does this compare to the Metropolis ?

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2012, 12:48 PM BST

Yes it's not far :) There is a school of thought as expounded in somebody's book or other, that SoHo originally came from SOuth HOlborn.

Maybe.....I think the left turn is at the Oasis sports centre. The first day I was in London I tried to find Soho, after many hours I realised I had spent the entire time walking around the outside of it. Somehow managing to miss the street sign that pointed to it.

Quote: reds @ June 16 2012, 1:32 AM BST

Maybe.....I think the left turn is at the Oasis sports centre. The first day I was in London I tried to find Soho, after many hours I realised I had spent the entire time walking around the outside of it. Somehow managing to miss the street sign that pointed to it.

Soho map: http://tinyurl.com/d8b2bje

Enterprise pub, Red Lion St: Map: http://tinyurl.com/6qpag8j