Drinks Page 35

I'd like to attend, but I'm very shy. Would it be okay to turn up incognito and sit innocently on another table, whilst surreptitiously taking photos of a certain item of clothing that will surely be on display, in a time-honoured beloved cyberstalky way? And then photoshop them to kingdom come and use them mercilessly over the next few decades?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 4:47 PM BST

I'd like to attend, but I'm very shy. Would it be okay to turn up incognito and sit innocently on another table

I think we'd recognise the pink velour track suit and hoop earrings. But why not just show up and introduce yourself? We are all an incredibly friendly bunch in real life.

Really?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Psst Stylee, he keeps saying this "We are all an incredibly friendly bunch in real life". I reckon it's part of the plan.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 5:24 PM BST

..but how will I recognise you? What will you be wearing?

Just a big grin and combat boots baby. Smarmy

Might come along on the 30th (is there a meet-up June 30th or am I just confused?) or the 7th (which is more likely for me).

Quote: Marc P @ June 13 2012, 10:36 AM BST

That's some mighty poor trigger discipline and an odd mixture of old uniforms and new-ish weapons.

I was going to post that they look like a re-enactment society.

ABBA look more like Marines than they do.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 4:47 PM BST

I'd like to attend, but I'm very shy. Would it be okay to turn up incognito and sit innocently on another table, whilst surreptitiously taking photos of a certain item of clothing that will surely be on display, in a time-honoured beloved cyberstalky way? And then photoshop them to kingdom come and use them mercilessly over the next few decades?

I've done that several times, so feel free.

They love the smell of Facepalm in the morning

Quote: DaButt @ June 13 2012, 6:13 PM BST

That's some mighty poor trigger discipline and an odd mixture of old uniforms and new-ish weapons.

I'm assuming they're trying to be a unit from the Vietnam war. But Cotter is carrying a Colt M4A1 (made in the 90s), his friend next to him has some sort of bastardised Colt M16A2 (made in the 80s), the guy in the sunglasses is carrying the only correct vintage weapon, a Colt M16 and the guy with cigarette has a Franchi SPAS 12 shotgun (made in the 80s in Italy and never an issued weapon for US Forces).

Additionally, the M16A2 is obviously a paint ball gun as you can see the hose and nozzle for a compressed air cannister.

Still, dressed in the that military uniform and carrying a gun, I hope Kony doesn't kidnap Cotter and force him to fight in any African conflicts.

I think one of them may be the newly slimmed down Chris Moyles.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2012, 7:18 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ June 13 2012, 5:51 PM BST

Might come along on the 30th (is there a meet-up June 30th or am I just confused?) or the 7th (which is more likely for me).

30th June drink up is an informal gathering, but the official one is on 7/7. Hopefully one of the Mods can put up the 7/7 info as a sticky.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2012, 7:18 PM BST

Are you dissing the Cotter? :O