Sitcom set in a school... Can't recall the name!

Hi everyone. I've been trying to recall the name of a sitcom I watched a few episodes of on BBC iPlayer. It wasn't great, but you know, it's one of those things that bothers you because you can't recall it.

I've checked with several of my English friends, one of whom is a huge TV addict, but none can think of the show I'm talking about, mainly because my recollections of it are so few.

It was set in a high school, (no, not inbetweeners) and that's where most of the dialogue was set. The kids had a one room hang-out type place where they sometimes met up.

One of the characters was a young guy with tightly cropped hair. He wore track suits and fancied himself a rapper. He made up raps about whatever was happening at the time and always ended them with something like "wiggy wiggy woo woo" or some similar nonsensical phrase.

I believe the principal was a large black woman, and the show was a bit rude at times. Not particularly high-brow comedy. :)

Sorry, I know it isn't much to go on, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be? It's no longer available on iPlayer as I've gone through all the sitcoms there. I've been trying to recall something else about it, but can't and as I said, it's been driving me mad trying to think of it!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Coming Of Age.

Balamory.

Aaron, thank you so much!! I've been trying to recall that for weeks!

I don't know how you were able to figure it out from my very poor recollection of details of the series, but you did and I'm so grateful!

Cheers!!

Coming of Age. One of the worst sitcoms I've ever watched.

Axed now as well thankfully.

That was a sitcom? I thought it was punishment for mankind's evils.

I know I'm on my own, but I love that show. "WITH A MACE" :D