The Obscure Comedy Reference Game!

Let's play, The Obscure Comedy Reference Game!

"What the bloody hell is that?!" I hear you cry. Well stop crying you baby, 'cos I'm going to tell you.

I will start off by quoting a line or mentioning a scene or moment from a sitcom and the first person to guess what show it's from, WINS! Then it's their job to start another one and so on.

To stop you from randomly guessing, I will expect you to answer with; The name of the show and the scene it's from.

For Example:

QUOTE: "Why do you call me Dave? My name is not Dave.

ANSWER: Only Fools and Horses: Rodney confronts Trigger.

So I'll start it off:

"Hello, I'm a communist with a gun, I hate you lot. I've just thrown the royal family off a plane. Can I use your toilet please?"

No Googling as well, you cheating bastards!

Aaron says: Now this is just the kind of thread/discussion Mark and I were hoping would start when we launched the board. :)

Is this too hard or is it just "you people" don't care?

It was too hard for me.

Can you give clues?

Is it from the Young Ones?

Not the young Ones.

It is a BBC comedy. About a man. :P

Sounds Partridge, but I can't place it.

Quote: Seefacts @ July 6, 2007, 4:50 PM

Sounds Partridge, but I can't place it.

Yes you're right. I'll give you that one, just to get the ball rolling.

It's the bit where he shows how bad the security is over the intercom, at a private club his visits.

At least I tried.

Google told me it was Partridge also. But I wouldn't have had the first clue of what show it was, let alone the scene.

So, who's next?

Well whoever posts one first, because I don't think Seefacts is a regular.

I thought I'd make it quite hard seeing as we're all self confessed comedy geeks. But maybe the next one should be a little easier?

Ok, here's the next one then.

Actually, it's a Mars Bar.

Lol, OK, I can see why mine was so hard now.

I'm thinking something from Spaced?

*buzzer*

(TBH, I'd probably have got yours, but I've only seen odd bits and pieces of Partridge. (That sounded incredibly big-headed. It wasn't meant to be.))

It's my favourite sitcom. So that's probably a good clue as to guessing yours or anyone else's.

With a reference to a Mars Bar, I can only think of something like Red Dwarf which seemed to like comparing 'shitness' to pot noodles and other snack based products.

*buzzer*

Sorry for not posting another. I do actually check and read the forums a lot.

Answer: The Thin Blue Line.