Jonathan Ross Page 2

I think his chat-show host persona can be grating when he tries to overshadow his guests (The Tarantino interview) or be as hacky as possible (the man had Johnny Depp and Tim Burton on his show and the pink-suited f'ckmouth wanted to go on and on about Depp's facial hair).

But I liked what he did when he took over from Barry Norman, and went all Kermode-like in his interviews, and he showed some good tastes/critiques of films, and, I liked whatever of his DJ stuff I caught.

When he's reined in and behaves like an adult he's intelligent and all good, when he's given license to ad lib and forces the need to be wacky and Out There with the 'what'll-this-kerazy-guy-do-next-in-pursuit-of-must-watch-tv' he comes across as a phoney schmuck.

I am really looking forward to, The Jonathan Ross Show, which starts here next week. I like what little I have seen of him. The way he speaks draws me in, quite cute.

So, Friday nights are looking up. Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton on the same night. I'll drink to that!

I loved him on the radio and miss his Saturday morning show, which I think had some genuinely interesting interviews. His TV work of late I can take or leave, although I loved The Last Resort and his early Channel 4 work. Those shows were probably the closest we've ever come to Letterman in this country. His C4 shows also gave early breaks to Vic and Bob and a lot of the Fast Showers - and for that reason alone he deserves respect.

Last Resort was great. I prefer Graham Norton's show these days.

Quote: Leevil @ September 5 2011, 12:28 AM BST

Except for the show you want to watch. :P

Another another point! ITV can't ruin decent shows. They don't have any!

*dies with laughter*

Bloody good point. Though I will admit I love Emmerdale.

I've even got back into X Factor now that Cheryl Cowell and Simon Cole have left. Or is that Cole Cowell and Simon Cheryl? Or Cheryl Simons? Blah.

Though that half wit from N-Dubz needs to go back to her pretend chav kiddy band and make a suicide pact so that Dappy (the stupid one) actually drinks the liquid while the other not so stupid 2 walk away. Please.

Thinking about it, the only thing I dislike about Ross is how much of a sycophant he is on his talk show.

I mean, he even called Sarah Jessica Parker stunning and beautiful the other night.. FFS man, we all know she looks like a badly dressed anorexic horse.

She's pretty sometimes. You'd be bloody lucky to pull her!

Quote: zooo @ September 5 2011, 8:55 PM BST

She's pretty sometimes. You'd be bloody lucky to pull her!

Lucky!?

I could do better down the local morgue Sick

Well yes, you can pick an unflattering picture of anyone. :)
I still maintain she's a lot prettier than people give her credit for.

Quote: zooo @ September 5 2011, 9:03 PM BST

Well yes, you can pick an unflattering picture of anyone. :)
I still maintain she's a lot prettier than people give her credit for.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that ;)

I guess I must just be a massive lesbian. ;)

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ September 5 2011, 8:51 PM BST

Thinking about it, the only thing I dislike about Ross is how much of a sycophant he is on his talk show. I mean, he even called Sarah Jessica Parker stunning and beautiful the other night.. FFS man, we all know she looks like a badly dressed anorexic horse.

Yes, let's try and stamp out gallantry and politeness. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ September 5 2011, 9:42 PM BST

Yes, let's try and stamp out gallantry and politeness. ;)

My mother brought me up to be a nice, polite boy. She also brought me up not to be a smarmy lick arse Geek

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ September 6 2011, 12:16 AM BST

My mother brought me up to be a nice, polite boy. She also brought me up not to be a smarmy lick arse Geek

Jonathan Ross - 1
Dr Sanchez - 0

SJP is like the sun. Looking directly at her hurts my eyes.