Two new films from The Slaggs

We had to produce a silent movie for the Liverpool Comedy festival. The restrictions were:

10 seconds max, silent, had to feature the competition organiser's 4Laughs logo and a brief caption as to what 4Laughs meant to us personally.

I like short and sweet but 10 seconds :O is scary.

These were the two entries. The Chaplin one came second in the competition and will be played at the festival.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_3AhJiLwiAY http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-zyDdynmx8w

I really like the ladders one. 10 seconds for a sketch, a silent sketch at that, is limiting to say the least but both are great. I think you nailed the physical comedy side of silent movies. Did the dialogue take long to write? :D

Congrats. A nice bit of exposure. Are you going to the festival?

Love the Chaplin video, it was my favorite from all the entries.

Yes, AJP, loads of dialogue arguments. We had a blazing row over one piece of silence five seconds in, it seemed too ironic in comparison with the silence before and after it.

Cheers Shoepie. Thanks for the code btw, will work with it next week.

Already commented on them in the un-BSG places, but I think it's worth another comment.

Bloody good stuff chaps!

My vote is for the ladders one too. But I like the Chaplain one as well.

That in itself is funny because although I love the old American silents, I have always made an exception for Chaplain. I could never warm to him and quite frankly his "character" gets on on my tits big style.

I could never see what the fuss was all about - but then I think Shakespeare is shit too. So what would I know in the grand scheme of things?

10 seconds is the tightest of tight briefs and I think you have done very well with both. Stout work men!

Yes I agree. Very very good.x

Chaplin never did it for me either. Now Laurel and Hardy - genius. Possibly the greatest comedians ever. Timeless characters. But sadly SlagB is a ringer for Chaplin, so Chaplin it was.

But it get's worse for me. I'm a ringer for Butch Long. Remember him in prison in Pardon Us? "Nobody raspberries the Tiger." Maybe he was better looking and more socially sophisticated than me though.

You're singing my somg SlagA.

Laurel and Hardy - probably the best double act ever!! I still piss myself every time Ollie gets pulled down the "chimbley" and sits in the fireplace as the bricks fall on his head one by one. And just when you think it's finished...

And the looks to camera too. This was nearly 100 years ago. We are not worthy

Nice movies Slaggs! I prefer the 'Chaplin' one as a piece/ident... but 'Ladders' is funnier. There's something about the stake impact edit which makes me crack up.

And it's great that one of them came second. Well done!

Wow, blink and you miss it. 10 seconds and silent is hard. I think you did well!

lol

Very good!

Loved the comedy rules sketch!

:)

Cheers all
Wii-man that reminds me, i have to add a link to you from my site, sorry for the delay. I've been to the Devil's @rse too. Great place, Castleton.

Quote: SlagA @ June 23, 2007, 7:39 PM

Cheers all
Wii-man that reminds me, i have to add a link to you from my site, sorry for the delay. I've been to the Devil's @rse too. Great place, Castleton.

Derbyshire is one of my favourite places to visit! Recently I went to place where I went through Fox's Knob which goes well with The Devils Arse!

;)

Nice one you Slags (as always). Prefer ladders.