Everybody give up.... Page 2

I'm never giving up, you hear me? Never! NEVER!

Ha ha haa haa haa haa ha...

EDIT - Ha ha haa ha ha

Quote: Stuart Laws @ June 20, 2007, 5:23 PM

It's infuriating to see a video of some 13-year old girl miming to a Kelly Clarkson song after 3000 views and my sketches/stand up receiving less than 500 between them.

I'd pay to see you do that Stuart. I have my credit card in my hand.

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ June 20, 2007, 6:18 PM

EDIT - Ha ha haa ha ha

:D

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ June 20, 2007, 6:18 PM

EDIT - Ha ha haa ha ha

Classic! Laughing out loud

I just realised I copied someone else's idea!!

Yep I thought Darren's edit was very sharp.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 20, 2007, 7:01 PM

I'd pay to see you do that Stuart. I have my credit card in my hand.

I'm a lot cheaper than I wish I was.

it seems to me that the whole world of video uploading sites is just another tool for us all in trying to become professional writers/performers. if you like making stuff its great that there are now places you can put it so people can watch it.
of course its extremely unlikely that you are going to become successful in a professional sense simply by doing this. However, there is always a chance that someone with power may see it and commission it. Also, it will be a great way of getting noticed when you can send in your script, treatment, promotional dvd and link to YouTube or 4Laughs. it will showcase your writing abilities and help a producer visualise what you are writing, when you eventually make contact with someone who will listen.
a boy i know started in a similar way. he made some sketches, showed them at a festival, got noticed, had them commissioned for an online show and got some cash (not that much). but he got to co-write, direct and edit them and work with some well known people.