My Stand Up Video

I've been doing this for a couple of years, but until the last few months I wasn't really doing many gigs, but am now trying to get a proper, solid set behind me.

Here is a recent 10 spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSgYfJjvOuI

Anyone?

YouTube eats into my gb too much so I downloaded the link into a mp3, so I listened but didn't watch. Do you want a critique? Anyway...

Your voice is well projected/clear, didn't really sound a good crowd though.

Opening about babies made me smile.

The lines about, war of the worlds/cardiff being the earth, really made me laugh. Really good line/ image, liked the swimming stuff as well.

Toy stuff made me smile-ish.

The bits on naming kids after where concieved/ cat material not so much, "Who's got a cat?" felt a bit familiar and not so original and overlong.

Guitar bit was spot on as a truthful observation, more truthful than funny though, made me smile and I felt it deserved a better crowd reaction/identification.

Some wank stuff makes me cringe a bit, sticky fur etc. I'm not sensitive, I just tend to wince when I hear it.

This is just my personal opinion, not just judging it against open mic-ers but against ALL stand up, amatuer and pro.

It sounded like your delivery and presence was stronger than your material/subjects, perhaps maybe unsure of where your 'status' lies in all of this as you go from judgementally funny (high status) to I'm A Sad F**ker (low status) but as I said I didn't see what you look/acted like, just listened.

Good luck fella

Thanks, that's helpful.

I liked it, although some bits felt a little old (e.g. Beckham names) - and some bits felt like you had adopted an agressive stand up persona which didn't really suit you - a common persona. I think your material would survive a less confronting delivery. The Jeremy Kyle gag was maybe an example - didn't really get a good laugh, but I think it was a strong gag - that's probably the delivery then.

Having said that, I loved the response to "are you the best cat in the world?".

I agree about the delivery. I think I get a bit worked up, and need to make it lighter, as the material is pretty fluffy, not confrontational at all.

Just got a dog this week and will be changing some of the pet stuff a littleand adding a coupple of bits for my gig Tomorrow in Swansea.