4 reasons why Mumsnet is a steaming pile of shit Page 5

Quote: 404 Not Found @ June 28 2011, 6:20 PM BST

I would say that for the majority of mumsnet patrons, protecting their kids is their main priority.

It's terrible when you hide your true intentions, almost like pretending to be a famous feminist to "infiltrate" a feminism forum, which you bragged about doing in your first post. Pot/Kettle?

I'm the tiniest pot in the world, they are one massive kettle. So, er, don't be silly.

Protecting kids may be what ALL Mumsnetters think they are doing. But some are intent on protecting it from one thing (er, slutty kids clothes), and some from another (patriarchal gender roles, that unfortunately most women actually like, the brainwashed idiots) And as someone who is not anti-feminist, I think they have picked the wrong allies, much as the Japanese did when siding with the Aryan Nazis. They'll be next, just as those modesty guards currently shielding Nuts magazine are used on Elton John holding his baby in the US.

And I think a mass influx of childless feminists to a site for parents that happens to be relatively powerful in order to achieve political ends is a news story - much like if the BNP (not comparing feminists with the BNP in any other way) joined the labour party en masse to dictate policy. And that is exactly what many of the feminists are openly toying with, as well as making bombs, in the thread I posted. If they were Muslims they'd be arrested.

Quote: chipolata @ June 28 2011, 6:32 PM BST

What policies has Mumsnet influenced?

It's arguable. Google it. Either way, the parties are courting the female voters, who they see as swingers [sic]. Why do you think Cameron made THAT Father's Day speech?

I'll stop feeding the troll, now that it's reached the level of Reductio ad Hitlerum.

Quote: Leevil @ June 16 2011, 7:01 PM BST

I saw his avatar in a certain special movie a while ago, I won't name it (because I can't remember it) but when I recognised it I did chuckle to myself, cus it's chip as well. MmmMmm.

Animal Farm?

;)

Yeah the Jap/Nazi comparison was like my only point - I'm not even sure it counts as Godwin's Law anyway, it's about picking poor allies... but do f**k off if you can't handle a discussion. In fact you could have just stopped posting, ever think of that?

But lets have some fun with this idea I'm trolling in any way... hmm, I saw this thread... then went to all the trouble of posting at Mumsnet... in the past... no wait.. I was posting at Mumsnet because I'm a troll.. and I don't care about any of the issues I claim to... oh it's tricky... I guess I'll just hhave to use the foolproof Troll Detector Chant - 'If I be Troll, The Devil Take My Soul!'

No, still here. Innocent! But if no one seriously wants to talk about Mumsnet I'll happily f**k off x

Quote: 404 Not Found @ June 28 2011, 5:48 PM BST

So, Damn Avenell, you visited a forum on feminism within the mumsnet forums and you found that they have strong feminist views. I think you'll find that if you visit a Papal forum they may all support catholicism, and in a Bears forum, you'd probably find that they are generally in favour of shitting in the woods.

I for one, welcome our new feminist overlords.

'Papal forum'. Jeez, how dull would a forum for an online payment method be (though it'd be very safe).

That's a genius form, now delete it before someone nicks it.

Too late. *hides notebook*

DAMN YOU NAT WICKS!!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 29 2011, 12:07 PM BST

Too late. *hides notebook*

That's quite OK, Nat.....at least you confessed!