Mugs Page 2

All i can say as i wipe the dribble form my chin

is YES YES YES

i like ALOT

that will teach him for being so mug

Laughing out loud Thanks Ian!

I liked that, to me it sounded pretty original and was tidily written! The only problem I had with it was ... if its video media ... how do you get across the mug types to put the class distinction across?

Hi Losaaverda, I`m glad you liked it:D

Great point! I think the actual look and style of each mug would give an immediate class distinction.

But, if I had to think about how it could be shot on a shoestring budget without animation, then I`d beg, borrow or barter a job lot of each mug. Then, I`d give each mug a range of expressions, cross my fingers and rely on good camera angles, editing and voice over to achieve the right effect.

I`m not a techie at all, I just enjoy writing so I`m probably completely wrong. If anyone happens to be reading this and can think of a better way please let me know. I`m really curious as to how it`d all work!

Maybe these Mugs could be recurring characters. Write another one with them in Jude.

OK Dave, I`ll give it a go!

More weird but very wonderful stuff from you, Jude. I like! I like!

I'd change the joke about the dishwasher being a rugby scrum though... it didn't quite resonate for me somehow. Not that I have a better line for you... but perhaps something more relevant would be funnier? Or at least involving water?

I thought that was the best line!

Hey, what do I know?

Thanks Darren, I really enjoyed writing this:D

Lol, now you tell me Leevil!

Hey Jude.... i love your weird wonderful mind...what made you think of doing a sketch about mugs!

What a brilliant sketch and i could just imagine the sheep mug with a little crack in it too...and a highly polished china mug. I laughed a lot... well done! :)

Cool

Just teh right length and well presented too. Also it made me gaffaw.

Kudos to you.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 16, 2007, 12:05 AM

Maybe these Mugs could be recurring characters. Write another one with them in Jude.

Yeah. One with Dave's face on it. :D

Thanks Ellie and Ed, pleased you enjoyed it:D

Ellie, I have a sheep mug, which was in front of me at the time half-full of coffee and it just started me off!

Ed, I reckon Dave`d love his own personalised mug.

Hi Jude

I like this one. It's very good. I think it needs polishing (no pun intended) and you could get a couple more one-liners in there to keep interest high.

With regards filming it, rather than animating, I reckon you could 'paste' the actors' faces onto a normal mug (like Noel Fielding when he's 'The Moon' in The Mighty Boosh) as it would give a good sort of 'cheap' feel to it.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I`m pleased you liked it:D

I agree, when I`m polishing the sketch, I`ll try to get a couple more one-liners in.

Great idea concerning the filming and much appreciated. I`m really lucky though, as someone has now come forward and is helping with the animation.