Thinking Aloud Page 2

Aw...bless.

You know we luvs ya really.

If we call you a sex maniac it's only because we have our hopes up

Quote: zooo @ June 12, 2007, 5:05 PM

Maybe they should show us the warmup act on TV too.

but then he'd need a warm up. And it would get ridiculous. There'd be no show. justa succession of optimistic comics hoping or their own gameshow through a series of rather too tried and tested material

Quote: charley rance @ June 13, 2007, 2:40 AM

Do you know what. A girl could get a complex round here. So far in the last 24 hours I have been called a sex maniac, a mado, a reiterator, had bad reviews for my last 2 sketches yardey yarder yar.
If I find where I put my complex back in 1983 I swear I am coming back to cry.

Its all true. Carry on Charleying.
Anymore for anymore.

Didn't you call yourself a 'mado'?

Quote: charley rance @ June 13, 2007, 2:40 AM

Carry on Charleying.

That'd make a great title for a film.

Now who could play Charley???????

Herself.

I didn't say who could she play with ........

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ June 12, 2007, 7:39 PM

Well, yeah. That goes without saying doesn't it... :)

And... er, Scabbington... or whatever your name is. Hello! Welcome to the forum. Trying too hard with your avatar name there, I feel. And we know what the result of trying too hard to be funny is...

You seem to have it nailed 'comedy' don't you? ;)

"Most comedy on television does not make me laugh.
It's genuinely not funny.

So if something doesn't make you laugh... it isn't funny?

I have concluded, after many years of thinking about it, that the studio audiences laugh as much as they do because they came to laugh and are waiting with baited breath to laugh at every intended "funny" moment/line. But they aren't actually amused. It's like a party or a gathering of people engaged in polite conversation: They laugh when they think they are supposed to. They are laughing out of politeness and not out of genuine amusement."

I don't laugh when I'm supposed to out of politeness or simply because I 'came to laugh'... what a weird statement. I laugh when and because I find something funny. I'm sure most other people are like that too. Just because they laugh when you don't doesn't mean something isn't funny.

It might, however, mean you need to look at your own sense of humour... :)

Apart from that... you have avoided 'text speak', your post appears to be correct in both spelling and grammar... and was a thoroughly good read.

Ta!

"I don't laugh when I'm supposed to out of politeness or simply because I 'came to laugh'... what a weird statement."

Now that was funny! The dot-dot-dots followed by an expression of perplexity. That perplexity was unexpected and I laughed as a result. No bullshit.

"So if something doesn't make you laugh... it isn't funny?"

If I don't laugh, then as far as MY world is concerned, it's not funny.
Off with its head.

I appreciate the acknowledgement regarding my spelling, grammar, and lack of text speak. I see you make the effort as well.

Thanks to everyone who managed to read such a long cascade of bollocks. I honestly don't know if I would've bothered had I been you. But cheers anyhow!

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ June 13, 2007, 5:47 PM

"I don't laugh when I'm supposed to out of politeness or simply because I 'came to laugh'... what a weird statement."

Now that was funny! The dot-dot-dots followed by an expression of perplexity. That perplexity was unexpected and I laughed as a result. No bullshit.

"So if something doesn't make you laugh... it isn't funny?"

If I don't laugh, then as far as MY world is concerned, it's not funny.
Off with its head.

I appreciate the acknowledgement regarding my spelling, grammar, and lack of text speak. I see you make the effort as well.

Thanks to everyone who managed to read such a long cascade of bollocks. I honestly don't know if I would've bothered had I been you. But cheers anyhow!

I found it very entertaining. It certainly makes a change to the normal rubbish we get here... ;)

'Off with its head.' Lol... fair enough.

Glad I made you laugh. And hey, I've just realised that I did it without trying. Perhaps I am on the right forum after all!

Good luck with getting something together. I'd love to get involved but I've never written a sketch, let alone something as full-blown as a sitcom.

Let us know how you get on.

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ June 13, 2007, 6:32 PM

Good luck with getting something together. I'd love to get involved but I've never written a sketch, let alone something as full-blown as a sitcom.

Why not? Just write any old bollox. Most of us do. Just ask AA.

Have a go at the Farm comp.

You soliciting David ... shame on you!!!

yep! I've got to show that my competitions are better than Leevil's.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 13, 2007, 11:14 PM

Why not? Just write any old bollox. Most of us do. Just ask AA.

Have a go at the Farm comp.

I may just do that... write any old bollox, I mean... :D

Well done! See - I knew you could do it!

Quote: David Chapman @ June 14, 2007, 1:27 AM

Well done! See - I knew you could do it!

Oh... ah, my sides. Ah no, stop...

At least you're not pissing yourself!

Quote: David Chapman @ June 14, 2007, 1:34 AM

At least you're not pissing yourself!

Darn... misssed this when you posted it.

I was going to say... "Why, are you?" in a vain attempt at wit.

Bah!