The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to tour Page 2

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 26 2011, 3:13 PM BST

Although more understandable than fantasising about Martin Freeman, I suppose.

Some people are into Hobbits.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 26 2011, 4:20 PM BST

Some people are into Hobbits.

You know what they say about men with big feet...

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2011, 3:02 PM BST

She wouldn't have if she'd known you were fantasising about having sex with Zooey Deschanel all the way through it.

We have an agreement that every time she watches a film with George Clooney I can watch a film with Zooey Deschanel. I mean with them in the film of course.
Back to the thread, what are other people's opinions on the books?

The first is the best and was so original in its day that it is difficult to be objective about it now, the second is not quite so accomplished but still works, the third is really very good, the fourth is badly misjudged in places but comes close to working, the fifth is an improvement but does not quite recapture the old magic.

Absolutely loved the original radio series and really enjoyed the TV series and the first three novels.

Have absolutely hated every incarnation/reincarnation since.

Let the poor thing be! :(

The TV series always made me think of what Douglas Adams might really have wanted to do with Dr Who.

Quote: sootyj @ April 26 2011, 9:05 PM BST

The TV series always made me think of what Douglas Adams might really have wanted to do with Dr Who.

The current series (or even the recent film) probably gives a better idea of what Douglas wanted to do with Dr Who...

That would have been such a mental evening out.

Ken Campbell was, indeed, awesome.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 27 2011, 2:46 PM BST

Ken Campbell was, indeed, awesome.

Wasn't Chris Langham in the frame to be Arthur at one point? I know he finally made it as Prak, and most excellent at it he was.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 27 2011, 3:23 PM BST

Wasn't Chris Langham in the frame to be Arthur at one point? I know he finally made it as Prak, and most excellent at it he was.

First I've heard of it. He'd have been more of a Ford, I would have thought.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 25 2011, 11:25 AM BST

A tour of H2G2 has been announced by Simon Jones on Radio 3's Breakfast programme. It will feature the original cast (at least those still alive - so it is not yet known who will be the voice of the Book).

I meant to ask - which original cast, radio or TV?

Quote: Timbo @ April 27 2011, 3:56 PM BST

Nobody quite knows yet.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 27 2011, 3:26 PM BST

First I've heard of it. He'd have been more of a Ford, I would have thought.

Probably imagined it as Adams never seened to tell the history of the Guide the same way twice. Much like he wrote it.

Quote: Timbo @ April 27 2011, 3:56 PM BST

Unlikely to have any of the original cast playing their original part. Cameos are probably the best you can hope for.