Extreme acts of kindness

A friend and I have put together this comedy website, full of misguided suggestions on how to be extra kind: http://www.extremeactsofkindness.co.uk

It's a response to all the genuine kindness and helping websites that are springing up all over the place.

It's just for fun, but I hope you like it.

Thanks!

Those are ace and your site is attractive and easy to use.

Brilliant!

Some great ones here, very nice.

"Smile broadly at someone exiting a public toilet"

Quote: sootyj @ April 18 2011, 12:44 PM BST

Those are ace and your site is attractive and easy to use.

When someone links to a rubbish website, why not say "Those are ace and your site is attractive and easy to use."

Just kidding, I just thought Sooty's post was reminiscent of some of your jokes. Good stuff, though you might get into trouble if the website were to take off I fear, young kids might actually do some of those things!

Still, the publicity might not be such a bad thing, if it arose.

Thanks! Hopefully children won't do any of the things, but I guess you can never tell.

What's your background in comedy? I think you've set a new high water mark for the stuff I've seen in Showcase.

I had a little look & some of them did make me laugh.
good stuff.

Its nicely presented but I know where a lot of the material came from originally! ;) Maybe crediting others would be a kindness or courtesy you overlooked.

Where's that then?

I'll let Tim & Leila reveal their sources, its my way of showing that I learned something from their website :)

But they were just satirising sites that are really about kindness, the real message is that playing pranks on people is fun and funny, I want to know!

Ah well, believe little of what you see & nothing of what you hear.

The real message is they are asking you to critique someone elses material. Is that the big prank going on here?

Ah, we've all been had!

Hi this is Leila, co-author of the site. Thanks for all the nice comments. Not sure what the last one's about though - I can assure you we wrote all the gags, and everything else on the site, ourselves. Like Tim says it's just a bit of fun. We worked together on my former jokes site worryfriends.com too (it was later made into a book) and I write things for BBC comedy - both on their blog and occasionally for Radio 4.