White Van Man - Series 1 Page 4

I'd miss Friday Night Groaner for it, any day of the week.

Adrian Poynton (writer) and Naomi Bentley (who plays Liz) have both confirmed via their Twitter pages that White Van Man has been recomissioned for Series 2.

Rather happy about this myself!

Good news! Did enjoy it so glad it's back.

Dan

Good news, an enjoyable series that was very deserving of another run.

I watched the first episode, and was glad Mellor didn't do something to similar to Two Pints, though I do enjoy that show also. I liked it and will watch more.

I saw about half the series and didn't dislike it. I didn't quite love it, but for a twentysomething BBC Three sitcom I found it very paletable, not too crude and it had some funny storylines. The Marxist leafleting thing was pretty clever in particular. Will Mellor played his character with dignity, not at all like the Two Pints one. Had some likeable characters in, something I wasn't really expecting. This series can go on, in my mind.

I liked it. Solid, old fashioned, by the numbers sitcom with some ace gags and some very strong character dynamics.

Ended up watching it back to back when BBC Three showed the lot.

Quote: Buster Spleen @ May 4 2011, 3:03 PM BST

I'd miss Friday Night Groaner for it, any day of the week.

But probably a Friday.

The downside to it was that I wanted to hate it, not for the premise, or the cast or writers involved or anything, but because it was another title of mine that's been gazumped. Not surprised, a simple, prime title just waiting to be used in a TV series, and there are far more people further up that queue than little old me. :( Good luck to it now, it was okay.

Alfred, plenty of titles have been used more than once. And plenty of titles have been imposed on programmes by executives, against the wishes of the writer. You've no reason to feel any negativity towards it.

Oh humph. Angry

Considering what a ubiquitous phrase "white van man" is, I'm surprised it wasn't used years ago as a title for something.

Yes I know. That's why I was annoyed to finally see it as a TV title. I thought it'd slipped through the net now its usage has died down. It sort of goes to show how hard it is to get new shows on TV, as you'd've thought 7 or 8 years ago writers would be using that as a title. So that's another :( then.

Ever the realistic optimist, aren't you Alfred? :)

One tries...

They could have called it "Bloke in a Transit" ?

.. maybe not!?! lol

All the best,
Cal :)